Monday, November 06, 2023

Snooze for another hour

Day Light Saving Edition

It's Fall and this is when we fall back an hour and get that extra hour of sleep (as most say) but how about an extra hour to stay up late?  That is what I did playing app games and watching youtube, yeah I'm pretty exciting like that. What I never understand is this when it ends or when it starts?  Is falling back the end of saving daylight or is it the start because we have less of it so we are saving on the light?  So many people hate DST but honestly, I don't mind it at all. Maybe I'm just used to it, that it's become part of my culture and norm.   Either way, it's just something we do twice a year and I've gotten so used to it, doesn't phase or bother me in anyway.  I don't know why it annoys people, it's only twice a year people, not like say driving in traffic which is year-round.

Weekly Update:

I have been on a cheese kick lately and not sure why.  But I do love me some cheese (except for blue cheese, that isn't cheese, that is just grossness).  Sunday I had a hefty grilled cheese sandwich with bread I had made and needed to use up before it started to grow mold.  The day before I had a grilled cheese, same sandwich as Sunday but bigger.  Then a frozen pizza with stuffed crust so that is more cheese there.  I bought tortillas recently with some cheese to make quesadillas for lunch in the coming weeks.  Cheese is delicious and if I had the makings for salad, I would pile on cheese there as well.  I should think about making some cheese bread or something.  OH, and of course I had some Subway sandwiches earlier in the week with cheese on them as well!  Cheese, you are my favorite.

At the movies:

And we end the spooky season with #1 holding for a 2nd week... Five Nights at Freddy's earns an extra 19.4 million but a HUGE drop from week 1 (76%) and with that number, it will be gone very quickly.  It was still able to break 100 mil easily and enough to make it a big hit. Holding at #2 is Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour with another 13.5 mil as it gets closer to 200 mil domestic cume, might actually get there. Also holding at #3 is Killers of the Flower Moon with 7 mil and a small drop, it won't hit any records but will get the award buzz.  New at #4 is Priscilla with 5.1 mil and another film aiming for some award recognition but very little on the box office.  New at #5 and on a very limited run is Radical with 2.7 mil to open and likely to close on.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Only one this week as What Happens Later comes in at #9 with 1.6 mil and nothing will happen after that.

Quote of the week:
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Facts & Tips:
Blue flames are the hottest, reaching temps up to 3,000 degrees Celsuis.

"Let's go? Don't you wanna see the rest of the movie?" - Elizabeth Daily as Dottie in Pee-wee's Big Adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home