Monday, September 11, 2023

A touch of rain...

Wow, so after a very hot weekend (in the 90's) we got rain to cap us off!  Not a lot a rain but it was very unexpected and also very refreshing too.  It occurred Sunday morning and it was a nice break, though it wasn't cold like it normally would be when we get rain but it was cool, maybe because it's Summer time still?  I don't know, weather doesn't make sense to me anymore. I've been watering some bare patches of my lawn lately after re-seeding it to get grass growing again so now I don't have to do that today!  My grass is about 95% back again which is great and has been a struggle.  If it not the heat, I would have sprinkler problems.  If not the sprinklers, birds would come and eat the new seeds.  It is always something I tell ya!!  But now that it's almost all recovered with just a couple of small spots that I need to redo, I just need to make sure my sprinklers stay working!

Weekly Update:

I've fallen into the rabbit hole that is known as... TikTok!  So the thing about this dumb app (and it really is dumb) is you don't realize how much time you have spent on it watching these random videos and it drains my battery fast.  Now, the battery drain could be due to being on it for a long time and not realizing it, that is very possible.  But there are so many annoying videos where they do not conclude or there isn't a part 2.  I seem to get all the police arrest, chase, confrontations videos along with some pimple popping and ear wax removal.  Is that all there is??  I get movie clips were have actually been pretty nice because that is how I discovered the movie Flamin Hot from Fox Searchlight and watched it on Disney+  It was really good!  So that has been maybe the only benefit of TikTok for me so far.

At the movies:

Lot of changes this week with new movies coming on the scene post holiday and Summer season.  New at #1 is The Nun II with 32.6 million.  Very strong number for this time of year and could go on to very well overall.  Slight dip to #2 is The Equalizer 3 with 12.1 mil as it continues to do OK, will struggle to get 100 mil domestic but reachable.  New at #3 is My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 with 10 mil and it feels after the first film, this franchise was done... this box office confirms it.  New at #4 is Jawan with 6.2 mil and though that doesn't sound like a high number, it's not.  However, it only opened to about 800 screens so not bad.  Rounding off the top 5 is Barbie with 5.9 mil extra as it solidifies itself in the 600 mil range and won't go beyond that but amazing Summer run!

Quote of the week:
"The past cannot be cured." - Elizabeth I

Facts & Tips:
Alaska is the only state that can be typed on one row of keys.

"My name's Sam Evans. I like comic books, sports. I'm dyslexic, so my grades aren't that good, but... I'm working on it." - Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans in the TV series Glee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home