Monday, July 03, 2023

Fizz, pop, boom

4th of July Edition

It's the annual "keep your pets inside and close everything" time of year!  I know I've said this before and I will keep saying it, do not like this holiday anymore since I see what it does to our poor animals.  NO idea what is going on and the world outside is just crazy and scary... and then there are fireworks.  It's already crazy out there but when you add fireworks it's like throwing gasoline onto a fire you are trying to control.  So for this 4th all I am going to do is hunker down inside, close all the doors and windows, turn on the house fan (or AC if it's warm) and find something loud on TV.  I do find it odd how fireworks and explosions on TV do not affect my doggo but fireworks outside do.  I wonder if it's because through the TV they are probably filtered and certain frequencies do not exist as in live.  But... I hate fireworks.

Weekly Update:

So according to the news on either last Friday or Saturday we hit 80 but the last time we got that high was in April... It was hotter than 80 but maybe they mean as an average temperature in what we call the Southland (or SoCali for short).  It did feel hot, no real breezes plus I know my body got used to all the cold to cool temps we have had for months which I liked!  I really wish it would stay that way because cooler temps means lower utility costs for me!  AC is WAY more expensive than heat (here at least).  Cloud cover means less water is needed for grass, plants, etc. ... so, as we now move more into Summer temps, it was nice while it lasted.  I will go back to opening all the windows till it gets warm and then close it up to hopefully save on energy if I can.

At the movies:

Making it's way to #1 this week is Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny earning 60 million for its debut.  Normally this would be a solid opening but with it now Summer time and a huge franchise like this, I am sure estimates were projected to be double this.  I think Disney now has a curse upon it for theatrical releases and they need to figure out how to reverse this formula.  But word-of-mouth is fair to poor on this film, the disappointment from the previous film could be contributing as well.  Slight drop down to #2 is Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse with 11.5 mil as it continues to crawl along.  Continuing to drop to #3 is Elemental with 11.3 mil extra as it continues to struggle to reach 100 mil and should get there in the next 2 weeks.  Holding at #4 is No Hard Feelings with 7.5 mil more and should drop out soon.  Rounding off the top 5 and holding is Transformers: Rise of the Beasts with 7 mil and basically out of gas.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week at #6, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken earning 5.2 mil which gives it a per screen average of only 1,529, extremely low for a wide release.

Quote of the week:
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues." - Abraham Lincoln

Facts & Tips:
Hawaiian pizza was actually created in Canada.

"I'm sorry.  We're moving in next door.  Or at least we're trying to.  Our phone's not hooked up yet." - Greg Vaughan as Dan Gordon in the TV series Charmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home