Monday, June 26, 2023

Mistaken

I had an interesting encounter on Saturday at the donut store.  I was pulling into the parking lot and this massive truck was parked diagonally in the drive way.  I could have sworn it had their hazard lights on and not the right hand turn so I went in-between the properly parked cars and his massive truck.  He was causing quiet the jam in the parking lot as another car was trying to go in the opposite direction but was blocked by him being in their lane to begin with.  And then another car behind me but on the opposite side of me if that makes sense.  Well, I saw a car pull out and I took the spot, again did not see his turn signal but hazards.  As I got out to go into the shop, he said he was waiting for that spot... how was I to know if you have your hazards on?  I did apologize and since I was almost to the door of the shop, I told him I will be right out (I only get one donut a week).  But the store was crowded when I got inside.  He eventually found a spot and came inside but as I was leaving, I did apologize again and offered to pay for his donuts or whatever he was going to get there with his wife or girlfriend.  He said don't worry, he's good but offered again and my apology for not knowing.  He said don't worry, he's good and I said, Ok then and walked out.  I'm 6 feet and he was just over 5 feet so I am not sure if that had any role in this encounter.

Weekly Update:

Another week of up and down weather... We should be in the 80's to 90's right now but morning has been 60, maybe high 50's. And the days are high 70's but it does feel a lot warmer, maybe because lack of breezes which I have said in the past make a huge difference.  We are getting more sun lately which is different, I was getting used to all the over cast!  Now when the sun is out, I get confused and don't know what time it is anymore!  Sun confusing, no Sun not confusing!  But this weather has been nicer for my wallet and the lower electric bill costs so I am happy about that.  Ok, what will this next bring us??

At the movies:

Rising back to the top to take #1 is Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse with 19.3 million and now just over 300 mil as expected.  This version of the web-slinger though is slowing down so who knows how much further it will carry at this point.  Holding at #2 is Elemental with 18.5 mil and may actually hit 100 mil when it's said and done!  Big dip to #3 is The Flash with 15.3 mil, suffered a huge drop since it's debut and though it will reach 100 mil, just not much more past that.  New at #4 is No Hard Feelings with 15.1 mil and likely will be in and out fast.  Rounding off the top 5 is Transformers: Rise of the Beasts with another 11.6 mil while this rolling engine will come to a complete stop.

Quote of the week:
"Education is the movement from darkness to light." - Allan Bloom

Facts & Tips:

There are more tigers owned by Americans than in the wild worldwide.

"Man you really gotta check that emotion.  Your voice just went from Shaggy to Scooby Doo.  This is not what we doooo roo roo!" - Ludacris (Chris Bridges) as Tej Parker in Fast & Furious 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home