Monday, April 17, 2023

Was it supposed to warm up?

Not to jinx anything but it was supposed to really warm up this past week and it didn't!  It got to 70's once or twice but it maintained at about 60 degrees most days and we had some nice fog!  I love the fog, just brings moisture and looks cool.  Now I didn't get to drive in it, which I like to do actually (not my picture by the way) but it was cool looking outside and seeing it.  I mean fog is WAY better than having smog so more fog please, less smog!  We just need more rain which it did rain a for a very little bit as well.  Ok, so do we still get April Showers?  The month is half over so hopefully some!

Weekly Update:

In the past I have mentioned the Amazon Fresh store and how there are so many employees compared to shoppers and how everyone isn't really rude but no one says hi, hello or if I need help with anything.  They were just drones doing their picking of products and that was it.  Well this weekend when I went, it was very different... not sure if it was just a fluke or did someone read my posts maybe?  Or maybe others said something and they listened perhaps.  I walked in on Saturday and someone said welcome... I have had that before but that would be the end of any interaction till checking out.  While I was looking around, someone asked me if I needed help finding anything... wha??  That was definitely a first ever there!  Another person asked if they were in my way (not even close) and I said oh no, you are fine.  Then they proceeded to ask if I was looking for anything.  So, was this a one-visit fluke or are they changing?  I guess I'll find out next week!

At the movies:

Another big weekend for The Super Mario Bros. Movie hanging on to #1 again earning a hefty extra 87 million.  Very small drop from week 1 which is amazing and now close to 350 mil cume, should be past that by end of day tomorrow.  New at #2 is The Pope's Exorcist with 9.2 mil for it's debut and will quickly drop soon.  Slight drop to #3 is John Wick: Chapter 4 with 7.9 mil more and continues to do well. New at #4 is Renfield with 7.8 mil and not much on this film, should be a quick fade.  Rounding off the top 5 is Air  with another 7.7 mil and though this film didn't do great at the box office, it has some good story buzz.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week!  In at #7 is Suzume with 5 mil to open and it had a full release pattern.  So this one came and will be gone quick. In at #8 is Mafia Mamma with 2 mil to open and probably a throw-away film.  Another full release with very little seeing the movie.  And finally at #10 is Nefarious with 1.3 mil.  A smaller release (just under 1,000 screens) with a very poor per screen average of just $933.

Quote of the week:
"Home is any four walls that enclose the right person." - Helen Rowland

Facts & Tips:
A pearl can be dissolved by vinegar.

"If your government does not cooperate, I will kill two children every twenty-four hours." - Nonso Anozie as President Idi Amin in 7 Days in Entebbe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home