Monday, February 20, 2023

All night long...

Monday was a VERY tiring day... I helped and participated in the annual Minnie's Moonlit Madness event at Disney's California Adventure!  I'm part of the Clue Crew, where we develop and make all the clues and tasks the participants have to work though.  My day started at the park at 11AM for some lunch and to check out some areas, the actual event started around 10PM and I got home just after 2:30AM Tuesday.  What is crazy is I worked that same day at 6A but it was fine.  My voice was gone though because it was about 30 degrees that night and I was talking through the event giving directions to tasks and such.  I was tired and I must have walked at least a couple of miles circling the park a few times.  But it looked as if all had a good time, some money was raised for a local Museum and another event done!

Weekly Update:

This whole last week has been so off for me and tiring but I think it's all because of the event on Monday.  Been struggling with this really dry cough but at least my voice eventually came back after a day or two.  But this lingering cough so annoying.  But also my whole week is just off and it feels like I can never keep up... but then again that seems pretty normal for my life anyway.  But where is our RAIN!!  It is so dry still here I had some more nose bleeds going on.  Not as bad as last week but still happening.  But by the end of the week they have stopped... again hadn't had a nose bleed in years so maybe I was do.  We just need our Winter to happen, even if its later, just something... a week of rain, boom, SoCali Winter, done.  But we are bone dry over here people... global warming is real you all!

At the movies:

Crawling into #1 is Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania with a nice 104 million for it's debut.  Far exceeded expectations and showing a nice growth for the franchise.  The big tell though will be the 10-day box office and see how it carries.  Holding ground at #2 is Avatar: The Way of Water  with 6.1 mil more as it continues to drip it's way down but still did a big box office overall.  Drop down to #3 is Magic Mike's Last Dance with 5.5 mil as it will barely break 20 mil by the end of this coming week.  Climbing back up to #3 is Puss in Boots: The Last Wish with 5.3 mil as it also slowly comes to an end and won't hit that 200 mil mark.  Rounding off the top 5 and holding its place is Knock at the Cabin with 3.9 mil more and will finish off under 50 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one as Marlowe comes in at #8 with only 2.7 mil to open and yet had a full wide release.

Quote of the week:
"There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt." - Erma Bombeck

Facts & Tips:

Strawberries taste sweeter at room temperature.

"She's so hot, she's making me sexist... bitch." - Bret McKenzie in Flight of the Conchords TV series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home