Monday, December 26, 2022

Finally, come and gone!

Holiday Edition

They have finally come and gone... honestly, I really do hate the holidays.  They kind of mean nothing to me, people just give gifts when you can do that any time you want.  Spending time with each other?  Again, could do that when you want but choose to do it at this time for no real reason.  Kind of a waste of both time, energy and especially money.  I would rather just stay at home, in the dark and fall asleep maybe while watching youtube or something pointless like that. I really have become Scrooge but without the long-john pajamas and a cold house... well, I guess I could have the house cold and I could buy those PJ's so cool, I'm Scrooge!  BAH HUMBUG!  Yep, that sounds WAY better than Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas... nothing merry or happy about it so this makes things way easier!  I will say this, I do prefer the Scrooge McDuck version of Scrooge... he wears spats, spats are cool.

Weekly Update:

People are stupid... so many inconsiderate folks out there.  In their cars, in the stores, in the streets, all over.  I went to Costco on Saturday (big mistake but I needed carrots for Orion!) and as soon as I walked in, this family of 5 were in front of me and they basically made a wall of themselves walking in.  And when one person stopped, they all stopped and hence me and the dozen of others behind them all stop.  They were 100% oblivious to their surroundings and only focused on themselves.  Finally when they stopped where others can go down an aisle to go around, me and about 10 other shopping carts did that and we just kind of looked at each other nodding our heads and rolling our eyes.  I need a movie called Bad Shopper, a new holiday version instead of Bad Santa.

At the movies:

With the weekend holiday, today is like a Sunday now so everything shifted a bit. Holding on to #1 is Avatar: The Way of Water with a decent 56 million extra and now just over 250 mil domestic cume.  Sizeable 58% drop which isn't a great sign considering it was week 2 going into a holiday that generally will boost or maintain the numbers, this did not.  New at #2 is Puss in Boots: The Last Wish with a fair 18.3 mil to open, not a strong holiday number though.  Also new at #3 is Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody bringing in 5.3 mil and likely to drop fast.  A lot of new films but that is normal for this time of year... at #4 is Babylon with 3.5 mil and another one that will linger and drop quickly.  Rounding off the top 5 is Violent Night with an extra 3.1 mil and will soon tap out.

Quote of the week:
"Tis not enough to help the feeble up, but to support them after." - William Shakespeare

Facts & Tips:
A suction cup will not work in outer space.

"I 'can' sing, I just choose not to sing.  Especially in front of other people."- Zooey Deschanel as Jovie in Elf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home