Monday, October 24, 2022

Another heat wave??

I am not sure what happened this past week but it heated up!  Now it was in the 100's like last month but several days did hit 90+ with zero breeze so that 90 felt like 95 or more.  So I know with humidity it feels like 10 degrees hotter than what it really is but for us, even though humidity is rare, when there is no breeze it feels slightly hotter.  But that is when you are inside in a potential oven because it doesn't circulate, it just sits there and gets warmer... what a greenhouse does.  So we need breezes (cool ones) to circulate that hot air and make it cooler!  But if you are outside and it's 90, it will feel close to 90 even in the sun because you aren't in an enclosed space, at least outside the air is just around even if no breeze, not as hot.  So where are my dang breezes!!?  I just hope this Summer will officially end and we get back down to normal temps, high 70's during the day and low 60's, into the 50's at night.

Weekly Update:

I have to say, America's Tire company is amazing.  So, I had a flat tire all last weekend and because I have run flats, it was ok and I wasn't driving any place far and just local errands.  I made an appointment at America's Tire and I have been there before.  They immediately found the problem, a screw or nail was in my tire, great.  So I asked can it be patched and they said they would take care of it and be about 45 minutes.  I went across the street to Starbucks and then came back almost 45 minutes on the dot.  As I was walking in, one of the service guys was walking out and shouted my name!  I was, "right here!" and my car was ready.  They pulled it up to me and I said, "Oh I haven't paid yet?" and he said no charge!  I was surprised, they worked on my car; fixed the patch, rotated the tires and checked the other 3 at no charge?!  I am definitely coming back when I need new tires plus dealing with the dealership will always be more.

At the movies:

Taking the box office crown this week is Black Adam for it's debut.  A hefty 67 million to open but not a strong number compared to other super hero films of this magnitude.  No major word-of-mouth being bad or great so the 2nd weekend will be very telling for this film. Currently Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is on track to make over 125 mil for it's debut with pre-sales if that is any comparison. At a distant #2 and also new is Ticket to Paradise with 16.3 million and probably won't last too long there.  Slight drop to #3 is Smile with 8.4 mil as it gets closer to 100 mil domestic and it should get there eventually.  BIG drop to #4 is Halloween Ends with 8 mil more which is a massive 80% drop!  This film is truly ending.  Hanging on to #5 is Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile with 4.2 mil more and another one that will drop off soon.

Quote of the week:
"There is nothing permanent except change." - Heraclitus

Facts & Tips:

Birds can sleep with one eye open.

"I am not a toy, I was made for soups, salads, maybe chili, and then the trash. Freedom!" - Tony Hale as the voice of Forky in Toy Story 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home