Monday, September 05, 2022

Too hot for Summer

It's hot... it is too hot!!  Ok, I know it's still Summer and it's supposed to be warm but this is just HOT!  We had multiple days in the triple digits this past week and next week is looking more of the same.  This is not really normal for us... we MIGHT get 2 or 4 days of high temps reaching 100 but we've had at least 4 this week and looking at the forecast, another 5 maybe?  Plus there has been 1 or 2 days already before.  What is happening?  Our normal Summer high is the 90's and what is making it worse this time around is the nights!  The nights are in the 70's to 80's with little to no breezes so most nights I am running the AC!  I already saw my last electric bill and it was at least $100 more than last year and of course triple plus the normal amount month-to-month.  This is crazy right now.

Weekly Update:

This past Friday we said good-bye to my Mom and it was a lovely turn out and an interesting ceremony to be a part of (and pretty much organize as well).  I've seen this type of ceremony (Catholic) and all of them felt SUPER long but when you put it together it feels a lot shorter and thank goodness.  I'm not one for long good-byes and being in church for an hour usually feels like 3-hours.  But this went smoothly and quickly (so it felt) and I hope it did for everyone else.  One thing we did was had food to grab-and-go as people left as we couldn't find a venue in time that wasn't going to cost us $20k to do something.  And $20k was a generous estimation as it could have been more so, I had Pick Up Stix caterer with a rice bowl that had either chicken or tofu.  The food was good, quick and easy... and had way over estimated.  But, I would rather have a LOT of food left over than have one person go without.  Though our numbers were off, everyone got feed and that is what my mom would have liked.

At the movies:

Interesting week as movies were all over the place this Labor Day weekend and theatres across the nation having the special $3 event on Saturday.  Back at #1 is Spider-Man: No Way Home with 6 million and now just over 800 mil domestic cume.  Rising up to #2 is Top Gun: Maverick with 5.5 mil and just shy now of 700 mil domestic and should get there some time this week. Resurfacing to #3 is DC League of Super-Pets with 5.5 mil as it struggles to reach 100 mil but won't make it.  Dip down to #4 is Bullet Train with 5.4 mil and close to 100 mil domestic, will continue to make it's way there but will take time.  Rounding off the top 5 and big drop is The Invitation with 4.7 mil and they are already heading out the door.

Quote of the week:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be." - Douglas Adams

Facts & Tips:

A bolt of lightning can reach roughly 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

"Forgive me, Mr. Claus. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday." - Chris Sarandon as Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home