Monday, July 04, 2022

Where am I?!?!

Our weather is not normal!!  Ok, we get hot and super hot, 100 degrees even but it has been in the 90's and humid!  The humidity is the not normal part!  What is happening?  Have we become like the Southern states of the US?!  We are typically a very dry heat but one thing that is good, when it gets darker or later in the evening it cools off fast, literally drops 20+ degrees which is good.  I wonder if this hot moist air will help our plant life here.  One thing I did notice the other day... ants!  When it gets super warm or hot here they come out into the house looking for cooler places and water sources.  Where are the breezes?  That is what is missing right now are the Summer breezes that helps cut the humidity we are having lately (I think).  I just hope this crazy weather breaks soon.

Weekly Update:

4th of July is upon us and I don't care for it anymore.  No more 4th of July Editions for me... why do not I care for it?  I've said this in past years, pets.  My pup Orion (not really a pup but will always be a puppy to me) is scared of them. He's gotten used to the distant fireworks but the ones nearby are terrifying to him and people fire them off the week (if not weeks) before the actual day.  I get they want to celebrate but we are in a massively dry area right now, still in a draught and this is when pets get spooked the most and run off scared.  I've tried a lot of different things from thunder-shirt, calming treats, closing all the windows, playing music loudly to cbd oil.  Some work, some do not but overall, he is scared and it really upsets me I can't do more for him.  I try to hug and hold him to reassure him but you can feel his body quiver and his anxiousness.  Poor pup (pictured is not my dog).

At the movies:

Rising to the top is Minions: The Rise of Gru earning a BIG 108.5 million for it's debut!  Above most expectations and word-of-mouth is solid for this film.  Should carry on through the holiday week and get to the next benchmark in no time. Holding on to #2 is Top Gun: Maverick with 25.4 mil more and now closing in on the 600 mil mark. Could take a bit to get there but should get there.  Drop down to #3 is Elvis earing another 19 mil and though not a great 2nd week, the drop-off was well below average. This film will struggle a bit to reach 100 mil but it's already an award contender.  Slight dip to #4 is Jurassic World Dominion with an extra 15.7 mil as it starts to wind down and looks like it will stay in the 300 mil range.  Drop down to #5 and wrapping things up is The Black Phone with 12.3 mil and should drop off the charts next week.

Quote of the day:
"Progress was all right.  Only it went on too long." - James Thurber

Facts & Tips:

Sloths can hold their breath longer than dolphins can.

"I should be upstairs grooming my hero hair." - Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore in the TV series The Vampire Diaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home