Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day

Mist and coolness, a nice Memorial Day weekend!

This week remained very cool and nice!  I love cool to cold so to me it was nice and hope it continues this way but we had mist to light rain a couple of times!  This weather is great because it does save me a lot of money!  The coolness means no AC, the moisture or rain means no sprinklers and I also find I use less things like doing laundry which means less water and energy.  And I my gas bill doesn't go up too much as I just bundle up or close windows to capture whatever heat I can.  So yes, colder weather is more economical than hot!  When it's hot the AC goes on (working on the 2nd floor of my home) and you use a LOT more water for your grass and garden to stay alive and green!

Weekly Update:

The past week has been very blah and bleh for me.  Just out of it for some reason and felt more tired than usual.  Not sure why but maybe just working too much and little sleep (as usual).  But Sunday I did something that was out of the ordinary and cost a bit... bought an RC car!  However, I didn't buy it to race or run around the street.  I need it for the chassis of my MSE (Mouse) Droid I am trying to put together.  Definitely the most expensive part of my first droid build but also the main part of it since it's the chassis, wheel-base, motor, and basically the heart of the droid!  This particular model was recommended as it had the correct wheelbase needed for the MSE droid.  It was on sale so why not, almost saved $50 (before tax) and why not take advantage of that.  Hopefully more to come on the build but likely later than sooner.

At the movies:

A new #1 hits the box office! Top Gun: Maverick flies high with a soaring 124 million!  Word-of-mouth is very strong and this film should hit 200 mil in no time.  Naturally dropping down to #2 is Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with 16.4 mil as it still makes it's way to 400 mil and still on track to eventually get there. New at #3 is The Bob's Burgers Movie with 12.6 mil for it's debut and not a lot on this one. Could taper off quickly. Drop down to 4 is Downtown Abbey: A New Era with 5.9 mil more. Also dropping down to #5 and rounding things up is The Bad Guys with another 4.6 mil and getting close to 100 mil but in the end, may not make the mark.

Quote of the week:
"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." - Henry Ward Beecher

Facts & Tips:

In Switzerland, it is illegal to own only one guinea pig because they are prone to loneliness.

"I haven't got long left... let me do this." Andre Royo as Rob in "Aftermath."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home