Monday, April 04, 2022

Good weather? Finally...

Though there was maybe a droplet of rain a day, overall this week's weather has been very Winter-like but dry.  Been chilling in the 60's during most of the day, some clouds that I thought would bring us rain but nothing.  Nights weren't super cold but very chilly, 50's but not breezy so it was comfortable.  The heater did trigger a few times but easy to adjust and turn off.  I wish the cold temps did include some rain though, that would have been really nice.  My car needs a wash mother nature!!  I mean it isn't bad but could use a rinse of rain.

Weekly Update:

What happened at the 99 Cent Store? I may have touched on this before but I was just there recently (great place for the drink packets for water bottles) and there are so many things that are NOT 99 cents!  $1.99, $2.99, $6.99?  Or things that are 2 for $4.99 or 2 for $3.99 but so much less is actually 99 cents!  I think they need to change the name of the stores to "Starting at .99 cent Stores" which would be more accurate because you can have one item in the store that is .99 and everything is up.  Then you could sell fresher produce, more named brand items, things that do not have defects on package and... wait-a-minute, this sounds like a regular store now?!?  I know inflation is happening and things are getting a bit more expensive but depending on what you buy, certain things are not that much or haven't changed.  I used to go here to get my Lays Stax chips because they were always 99 cents (flavors may not be that much in terms of variety) but now, it's $1.29... 30 cents more but sort of the same price I pay at a regular grocery store like Ralph's or Stater Bros. if they are on sale (which most of the time they are).

At the movies:

Some interesting (and late) numbers from this weekend.  New at #1 is Morbius with 39.1 million to open. A good number but word-of-mouth is fair to poor on the movie so it could suffer a big 2nd weekend drop.  Down to #2 is "The Lost City" with 14.8 mil as it passes 50 mil cume.  Holding ground at #3 is "The Batman" with another 10.8 mil as it continues to climb but may be running out of steam.  Hanging on to #4 is "Uncharted" with 3.6 mil and performed very well overall.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Jujutsu Kaisen O: The Movie" with another 1.9 mil and continues to drop and likely will drop out.

Quote of the week:
"We have all the light we need, we just need to put it in practice." - Albert Pike

Facts & Tips:
The only one-syllabled U.S. state is Maine.

I'm so freakin' sorry Kurt, I'm just so sorry for what I did to you." - Max Adler as Dave Karofsky in the TV series "Glee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home