Monday, March 07, 2022

Turning Batman

During my week, my neighbor had something happened... I was coming home Tuesday night and there was a fire engine and ambulance near my house.  I parked and went over and a fireman came out asking, "Are you Tony?" My neighbor apparently clipped his leg and bled every where. They took him to the hospital and I had took his little dog Minnie home with me.  He later called me that night to come pick him up and no idea why he was bleeding and he bled every where on his floor.  But when I brought Minnie back over, she was so excited to be back home.  It was a crazy night and didn't get to sleep till about almost 2AM after my event, picking up the neighbor and bringing the dog back... I was wired up.

Weekly Update:

Had a very busy week this past week! Ended up seeing two movies mid-week and it kept me busy and tired!  So on Tuesday, attended the movie premier of Disney/Pixar's "Turning Red" and the event itself was really fun and the movie was great!  I do not understand the decision to not have this debut in theatres and just on Disney+, major miss on this.  But I hope it does great but there isn't a way to gauge that accurately.  Then on Wednesday I ended up going back to LA for a screening of "The Batman" and that was also a solid and good movie.  This movie felt like it all happened in a weekend or just a few days.  It was also like following along the movie solving the clues and figuring out... well, the riddles from The Riddler.  The numbers were amazing with this movie and 2nd biggest opening since reopening (or the closing, depending on how you look at it).  Go out and see some movies... or stay home and watch Disney+ which you will not get that same theatrical experience.

At the movies:

BIG weekend for "The Batman" with a huge 128.5 million for it's debut.  Very solid number, and word-of-mouth is strong on this remake and new cast.  Should get to 200 mil in no time at this rate.  Drop down to #2 is "Uncharted" with 11 mil extra and now hit the 100 mil mark.  Rippling down to #3 is "Dog" with 6 mil as it tries to hit 50 cume domestic. Swinging down to #4 is "Spider-Man: No Way Home" with 4.4 mil as it chugs along. Rounding off the top 5 is "Death on the Nile" with 2.7 mil as it also starts to close out for new films coming in.

Quote of the week:
"No one can figure out your worth but you." - Pearl Bailey

Facts & Tips:

Yawns are contagious to dogs as well as humans.

"Egeria came to the Tau'ri to stop the Goa'uld from taking humans through the Stargate as slaves. Ra found her and killed her, but not before she had spawned out movement." - Vanessa Angel as Anise in the TV series "Stargate SG-1."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home