Monday, February 07, 2022

Cold and dry...

It's been rather chilly this week but also very dry!  The tip of my nose and fingers have been so cold but on top of that my fingers have been so dry and very chapped! I've been using this lotion at night that is great but I think I need to do it 2 or 3 times a day maybe.  But also, this lotion isn't cheap but so effective and I'm on my last tube since the Sephora at Downtown Disney didn't carry it the last time I went for one of their bi-yearly sales... I was sad.  I think it runs about $20 to $30 a tube and I used to get it when they had this 20% off sale so its a decent chunk of change.  I mean right now I have enough for awhile even if I do apply twice a day but for how long... I do not know.  I need to get at least another tube by Summer I think so I hope Sephora carries it again.  My guess is they removed a lot of product to make more aisle space due to covid.  So hopefully if and when things return to semi-normal, they will bring it back in stock!

Weekly Update:

Boxes... I know, what did you just say?  Yep, I said boxes!  I find it interesting how if you need to buy a box say from Office Depot or Staples, they will range in prices from about $1.00 to $9.99 depending on the size you want and usually it's just for ONE box (unless you get a pack of very small ones).  But when you order something from Amazon or another shipping type place, the cost of the box isn't included but they do have a pretty hefty price tag (at least to me) if I need to buy one.  Of course USPS gives you them for free but you have to ship with them to get the pricing or discount on the box you use/get from them and I tend to do that more often.  But I have a lot of boxes and though I want to toss them (in the recycle bin), I can't!  Because there have been MANY times I need a specific box and I don't want to pay about $3.50 (average) for something I have (or had) tons of.  I do hope to eventually be close to no boxes left as I continue to declutter and sell things through E-bay but just found it interesting how a simple thing of carboard is kind of expensive.

At the movies:

A bit of a shake-up this weekend as a new #1 takes the spot!  Kicking it's way to #1 is Jackass Forever with 23.5 million to open.  These films usually have a quick burn so nothing suggests this won't do the same.  New at #2 is Moonfall with 10 mil for it's debut.  Not a whole lot around this one so it could drop quickly.  Stepping down to #3 is "Spider-Man: No Way Home" with 9.6 mil extra as it continues it's box office winter dominance.  Drop down to #4 is "Scream" with 4.7 mil and actually could hit 90 mil at this pace.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Sing 2" with 4.2 mil and just humming along.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as The Wolf and the Lion comes in at #10 with only 675k to open and probably will be it on this film.

Quote of the week:
"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." - Dalai Lama

Facts & Tips:
When a koala is born, it is about the size of a jelly bean.

"That's good. My uncle was a general at the Salvation Army, until he went crazy and led a surprise attack on the Good Will Store.  There was blood and platform shoes everywhere..." - Diedrich Bader as Oswald Lee Harvey in the TV series "The Drew Carey Show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home