Monday, December 20, 2021

SanDy-A-goooo

Took some time off this past week and spend a few days down in San Diego.  I've been many times but always for one thing... COMIC CON!!  It was nice to just visit and see other things besides the convention hall, the nearby hotels for press interviews, the crowds, waiting to find a table to eat something and the overall traffic.  Ok well, the traffic was still there but we are so close to the holidays it made sense.  Plus it rained!!  Now that was nice but some things I did get to enjoy were the Natural History Museum, Old Town San Diego and Shoreline Village.  Also driving around those familiar Gaslamp District streets because that is basically where all of Comic Con lived.  Didn't do the USS Midway Museum because of the rain and about half of it is on the flight deck.  I have been to that ship before but for a movie premier for the TV show "Stargate SG-1" so I have the basics of the ship.  Maybe another trip is in order to see and do more!  I did want to go to the San Diego Zoo but, apparently the pandas went back to China.

Weekly Update:

Circle K, you disappoint me.  I usually do not visit Circle K's or like an 7-11 unless I'm desperate for a beverage of some kind.  I went into one this past week, was the only thing I could find in the area (but honestly I didn't really look around that much) and wanted to get an Arizona Iced Tea (the green tea with honey and ginseng).  Now at any gas station or store it's a flat .99 cents as it's even printed on the can.  But apparently Circle K has a deal with them and it's not printed but instead has the Circle K logo around the top of the can.  And they charge $1.29 for it instead.  I mean I know it's only 30 more cents but come on, if it's .99 every where else, why are you kind of being a jerk and marking it up?  Not our fault you wanted to have your logo printed on the can and so you can simply charge more?  I'm glad we have alternatives to stop at so I will for sure go to those places instead of another Circle K.  You lost me.

At the movies:

Exceeding all expectations, Spider-Man: No Way Home swings in to #1 with 253 million for it's debut. More than any estimates and predictions and word-of-mouth says it's the best one yet and should carry through the holidays with some strong numbers.  Holding on to the #2 spot is "Encanto" with 6.5 mil more and continues to get closer to that 100 mil mark, may take till early 2022 to hit it.  Big drop down to #3 is "West Side Story" with 3.4 mil and trying to hold that note.  Slight drop down to #4 is "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" with 3.4 as it continues to slow down as well.  Rounding off the top 5 is Nightmare Alley with 3 mil for it's debut and cracking into the top 5 this week!

Quote of the week:
"In life, as in chess, forethought wins." - Charles Buxton

Facts & Tips:

There are more fake than real flamingos.

"Oh, totes! We sing covers of songs, but we do it without any instruments.  It's all from our mouths!" - Brittany Snow as Chloe in "Pitch Perfect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home