Monday, November 22, 2021

Mmmmmm good drinks

SMOKE!  When you smell smoke, then there is smoke.  And when there is smoke, there is fire.  So the majority of the week was nice and chill, a lot of cold nights but it was nice.  Then all of a sudden Saturday night to Sunday the air became very dry and windy!  By night time Sunday, you could smell the smoke and there are fires East of here towards Riverside.  They are very far away but the smell is so strong, I was outside for a few minutes and my clothes, as well as me, smelled like I was standing in the way of a campfire.  I just hope it's contained quickly and that this isn't more of a sign of what to expect for Winter... again.

Weekly Update:

About a year or so ago I discovered Ralph's (aka Kroger) brand diet soda cola.  Now at the time they only had diet cola and it tasted very close to diet Coke to me!  I was hooked and it was so cheap (about 79 cents per before CRV).  With the rising prices of name brand soda's, this was a great alternative.  I usually just drink one large glass in the morning as my "coffee" for the caffeine and then water for the rest of the day.  Now, just recently they launched their version of Diet Dr. Pepper (which is really good!) and I saw images of a diet orange (haven't found it yet).  I did pick up their lemon-lime diet and it is also very tasty!  All for under a $1.00 each with CRV so I can enjoy the fizzles as I do talk on the phone a lot, it helps!  So thanks Ralph's/Kroger for your store brand diet sodas!  Also, a side note their brand of orange juice is also really good.  My problem with most major brands is 1) expensive and 2) super sweet for my taste.  I guess the store brands may be watered down a bit that works for me!

At the movies:

Life after sequels do exist!  Taking the #1 spot for it's debut is Ghostbusters: Afterlife with a solid 44 million pre-holiday box office.  Word-of-mouth is fair to good on this one and could see a boost this week.  Drop down to #2 is "Eternals" with 10.8 mil more, nearly a 60% drop but will likely cap around 150.  Slight drop to #3 is "Clifford the Big Red Dog" with 8.1 mil as it barks it's way through the holidays.  New at #4 is "King Richard" with 5.7 mil but more of an award film than box office smash.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Dune" with an extra 3.1 mil as it continues to crawl to reach 100 mil cume.

Quote of the week:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Facts & Tips:

Chimps can develop their own fashion trends.

"I'd like to Gisele in your Bundchens." - Jonathan Kite as Oleg in the TV series "Two Broke Girls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home