Monday, October 25, 2021

I'm a weatherman!

Brrrr it got cold outside!  So, I could be a weather man!  I could say there is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow and I would be right!  If it doesn't rain, I'm right but if it does rain, I'm also right!  And I thought hey I could make up crazy ranges as well and say it should be in the Mid 70's to Mid 80's, that is a wide gap and just say it could get hotter if those breezes don't kick in.  What is bringing this all up?  The weather report said we were going to get rain (80% chance) on Saturday, we got some rain and it just occurred to me if we didn't, it would still be an accurate weather report!  Now, if they said we will get rain at 9PM and we get it around that time, then I am impressed but that doesn't really happen very often.. maybe like 1% of the time (hey if it's more, margin of error!)

Weekly Update:

TWICE this past week I encountered people walking in the middle of the road again.  Is this a new thing that I don't know about?  Ok so one was at Costco and it was one family with 2 shopping cards going exactly down the middle of the parking lot aisle.  I was behind them but another car was in front of them coming towards us.  How do you not move to the side of the aisle?!?  Why are people so rude and oblivious all of a sudden?  Then, on that same day I was entering a parking garage and 2 people were walking in the middle of the entrance when there are walk ways on both sides of the entrance!  I mean not only that but also one in the middle as well.  It is an entrance and exit with a walk way separating them and then one on both sides.  HOW do you just walk down the drive-way entry when you literally have 2 walk-ways to use and thus preventing me from going into the garage?  How did people become so selfish all of a sudden?  Not that this may be connected but none of these people wore masks but it was also all outside.  (This picture pretty much sums it up).

At the movies:

Sci-Fi takes the box office this weekend as the long anticipated remake of Dune hits the screens with 40.1 million to open.  A solid number considering the long run time and number of screens available but solid word-of-mouth on this film and could carry it to 100 mil easily.  Drop down to #2 is "Halloween Kills" with 14.5 mil extra as it makes it's way to the 100 mil mark.  It may be shy of that goal but Halloween weekend might give it a slight boost.  Also dropping down to #3 is "No Time to Die" with 11.9 mil as it breaks through that 100 mil mark!  Won't go much further but still an overall decent box office.  Hanging to #4 is "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" with 9.1 mil and still on track to get to 200 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is Ron's Gone Wrong with only 7.3 mil for it's debut and what looked to be a cute film just didn't find it's audience.

Quote of the week:
"Quality is everyone's responsibility." - W. Edwards Deming

Facts & Tips:

A lemon contains more sugar than a strawberry.

"What happened to the blowtorch, Plug?" - Adam Hicks as Joe in "How to Eat Fried Worms."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home