Monday, September 20, 2021

Cooling down and cooling off

What a nice week of weather! I think I only turned on the AC maybe twice for a little but with a breeze that changes everything!  The temps were probably in the high 70's to mid 80's but with a slight breeze it certainly felt low 70's.  The nights were freezing though but that is OK, I don't mind if I can have a window open and stay under the covers.  I hate having it cool to cold outside and then the AC on because, yep, no breeze!  Just funny how that one thing can make such a huge difference and ceiling fans do not help create the breeze.  All they do is circulate the existing air so if the air is warm, the breeze is warm.  So, hopefully this continues!!

Weekly Update:

I made a "quick" trip to LA this weekend, or so I thought it would be.  I was going to a photoshoot for an upcoming project and I thought, hey it's Saturday, traffic won't be bad at all.  ARMAGEDDON!!!! Once I hit that invisible line from the OC to Los Angeles country, everything stopped.  It felt like the traffic the day before a holiday weekend and it used to take me about 2 to 3 hours to get home.  But this was a SATURDAY!  Non-holiday, weather was fine and nothing special going on that I was aware of.  But it took me a solid 2 hours to get to the LA area and then getting home was just as bad and about 90+ minutes.  So in total I was on the road for about 4 hours and stopped to make 2 quick errands.  I was so tired after that long drive and the kicker to all of this, the photoshoot was cancelled and no one told me!

At the movies:

Still going strong at #1 is "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" with another 21.7 million and now within a close striking distance to 200 mil.  At this rate, it could hit that within the next 7 to 10 days. Holding ground at #2 is  "Free Guy" with 5.2 mil and continues to maintain a solid course.  New at #3 is Cry Macho with 4.5 mil and could be the start of Award contenders for this year.  Still holding it's ground at #4 is "Candyman" with 3.5 mil more and now past the 50 mil mark for domestic box office.  Drop down to #5 is "Malignant" with 2.7 mil and quickly disappearing off the charts.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just three this week but most are limited releases.  In at #6 is CopShop with 2.3 mil and this will likely fade out very fast.  In at #9 on under 500 runs is The Eyes of Tammy Faye with 675k.  More of another award contender but per screen average is very low so expansion may be weak.  New at #13 is Blue Bayou with 315K and even worse per screen average, unlikely will get many more screens after this weekend.

Quote of the week:
"The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows." - Aristotle Onassis

Facts & Tips:
The Bee Hummingbird weighs less than a penny.

"Yes, I heard him all right.  He said he was sorry." - Jim Meskimen as Officer Wholihan in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home