Monday, September 06, 2021

One hot weekend!

Labor Day Edition

And this weekend ended on a scorcher!  It was odd how the start of the week was around 70 during the day, up till almost 1PM it was cloudy, almost Winter like conditions for here.  Even some misting and fog which was really nice and the nights cold (50+).  But then come Friday, hit the 90's, Saturday 99 even!  And the nights calmed back down the 60.  This weather does not help poor Shadow with her thick German Shepherd fur and have to run the AC a lot.  My electric bill last month was crazy out of control but, all for her the poor pup.  I try to keep them primarily downstairs during the day while I work upstairs as it's literally almost 10 degrees cooler.  Also have all the blinds closed as well and ceiling fan going to keep it more cool if possible.  While I sit upstairs with no natural breeze and there is one window that I can't cover and... it's warm.

Weekly Updates:

I did a lot of shopping this weekend (all groceries) and I noticed a few things, pricing.  So I needed eggs to make quiche and I saw that Costco had their usual 24 AA Large eggs for $3.99.  That seemed like a pretty good deal but I had already purchased eggs.  I was at Ralph's earlier and bought a dozen for $1.99 because ultimately I only need 6 more eggs.  But then I did the math in my head (which is hard) and 2 dozen eggs is essentially $4 while Costco, it's $4.  So buying in bulk is not really the best way to go especially if you won't use those eggs in a timely manner.  I also noticed bananas are usually $1.49 a bunch and the average number is usually about 5 bananas = so about 30 cents each.  Amazon Fresh next door they are 15 cents per.  I think the best deals are their paper goods like toilet paper and paper towels.  Or when they have stuff on sale, then it becomes a better savings.  So, to know if you are getting the best deal, just know your numbers I guess. NOTE: Image is not my quiche but honestly, it's pretty darn close.

At the movies:

Kicking it's way to the #1 spot is Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings with a BIG 71.4 million (estimated 83 mil with Labor Day).  Very good word-of-mouth on this film and it should reach 100 mil by the end of the week!  This is also the highest grossing movie for Labor Day weekend as it's usually a throw-away time frame and typically only horror movies do fair to well on.  Drop down to #2 is "Candyman" with another 10.5 mil and that is actually a good number for this holiday weekend.  Small drop to #3 is "Free Guy" with 8.7 mil more and very close to 100 mil cume.  It may take another week or two for that stretch goal but very likely to hit it.  Holding ground at #4 is "Jungle Cruise" with 4 mil as it solidifies itself post 100 mil mark.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Paw Patrol: The Movie" earning another 3.7 mil as it quickly runs away.

Quote of the week:
"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth." - Khalil Gibran

Facts & Tips:

Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.

"No, we need Ritalin and leashes, that's what we need." - Jeff Garlin as Phil in "Daddy Day Care."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home