Monday, July 19, 2021

We are closed, again

It appears cases of old and new covid are skyrocketing again in California so on Saturday night in Los Angeles county they re-instated the mask mandate.  It should be state wide but I guess LA is so dense and also very large, maybe that is where the spike is mostly.  Someone told me the massive spike are those who are not vaccinated, not sure if that is true or accurate but I would not doubt it either.  I continue to wear a mask in general public, why not?  It's not hurting me and potentially protecting others, especially those with some kind of compromised immunity.  It was interesting this morning I had the window open and the sun was shining to where you could see all the dust particles floating around.  My one dog sneezed and I saw all those droplets fly every where.  Then he shook his whole body, saw all the loose hairs flying off of him... if it wasn't my dog and say a grown adult doing that I would be (or am) concerned.  1) if they are not wearing a mask, not vaccinated and sneezed like that and 2) why was he shaking his whole body?!  That might be another issue altogether.  Wear a freak'n mask people and vaccinate!!!  Geez, stop being selfish for just a moment.

Weekly Update:

Post-holiday fireworks... why?  Stop it!  3:30 AM on a Sunday and you have to fire off fireworks.  You are not only an idiot but a jerk... I bet you aren't vaccinated too.  Again, HATE fireworks (now) and unless I am going some place to specifically see them, they shouldn't be allowed except on certain holidays (just 4th of July and New Years) in like residential areas.  PLUS, we are so terribly dry here this year.  Massive fire hazard due to lack of rain and moisture so far in 2021.  And it has been getting increasingly hot here (but then again it is Summer) so stop with the fireworks.  A LOT of people do have to get up in a few hours and work (like myself at 5:30) and I would have appreciated some uninterrupted sleep.  But your two fireworks at 3:30 doesn't mean I can go straight back to sleep, it means I have to then close my windows, turn on the AC (thanks for wasting my money), get calming treats all so the dog can take the next 30 mins to an hour to calm down.  And do all of that other stuff in case more fireworks happen.  People are really selfish or have become so increasingly selfish these last few years.

At the movies:

Jumping high for the win this weekend is Space Jam: A New Legacy earning a disappointing 31.6 million for it's debut.  It was enough to take the #1 spot but a poor performance at the box office for a mid-Summer film.  BIG drop down to #2 is "Black Widow" earning an extra 26.3 mil.  Although for 99.9% of movies in general that would be an amazing weekend but for this franchise it's a significant drop for week #2.  However it has past 130 mil cume domestic already.  New at #3 is Escape Room: Tournament of Champions with 8.8 mil.  Dipping down to #4 is "F9: The Fast Saga" with 7.6 mil more and now hitting  150 mil, unlikely to reach 200 at this speed.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Boss Baby: Family Business" with another 4.7 mil as it closes in on 50 mil cume (another low Summer box office return).

Quote of the week:
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - George Bernard Shaw

Facts & Tips:

Two of Snapple's founders were window washers in Brooklyn.

"Your mother cheated, that's why you look like a plumber." - Aramis Knight as Bean in "Ender's Game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home