Monday, June 14, 2021

Hot hot and hot

Things are starting to heat up!  The start of the week was fine but then towards the end we were hitting the 80's during the day.  Now that isn't terribly hot but it appears to be gradually getting hot.  Next week we are looking at the 90's and 102 range for some days (if it stays accurate but who knows).  I know it's June and the Summer time but ouch.  I did say with the warm and dry Winter we had this past season, did it mean a hot and dry Summer too?  I was hoping not but I guess we will see very soon as the weeks roll by.  I am also starting to notice more ants, which seems on par with heat as they are trying to find water sources, I think I better start replacing my bait traps just in case.  I used to have the ant problem under control but then mid-last year started happening again, not sure what changed.

Weekly Update:

So I got a nice surprised over the weekend.  My dear friend Samantha Win, who plays the character Chambers on the new movie on Netflix (and in theatres) "Army of the Dead."  It is an amazing hard cover book with spectacular photos and a section just on her character as well!  Great coffee table book and discussion piece, if I ever invite anyone over to the house (barring Covid but just flat out a mess and will take me years to organize!!).  But can not thank her enough for this amazing gift and friendship, I can't wait for her next big film and/or project and hopefully can be a part of it in some little way.  By the way if you haven't seen the movie yet, go see it.  Yes, it is very gruesome (lot of blood and zombies) but it's also pretty action packed.  Not a horror film really, just a violent action one.

At the movies:

Jumping back up to #1 is "A Quiet Place: Part II" with another 11.7 million and now past 100 mil cume!  Given the current climate of the business and limitations, this is amazing how fast it got to that mark.  Singing it's way to #2 is In The Heights with 11.4 million.  Fair number but hopes for a bigger box office just didn't come true.  New at #2 is Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway with 10.4 mil, below expectations but still a good number.  Sizeable drop to #4 is "The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It" with 10 mil and just shy of 50 mil right now, should get it in another week or so.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Cruella" with 6.7 extra and just passes the 50 mil cume mark.

Quote of the week:
"Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil." - J. Paul Getty

Facts &Tips:

An electric eel can release a charge powerful enough to start 50 cars.

"Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot.  So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing.  So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot.  So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off.  I don't want anyone to see." - Efren Ramirez as Pedro in "Napoleon Dynamite."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home