Monday, May 17, 2021

Let's go to the movies...

I still find it both interesting and annoying when people walk in the middle of the road in a parking lot.  You have cars coming and going, looking for parking spots in a place that is very busy (i.e.: Costco parking lot), and people will walk down the middle of the road as if there is nothing around them.  I mean, isn't it just a common courtesy to walk off to the side so you are not blocking traffic?  I know (for the most part) pedestrians have right-of-way but come on now.  Why are you being the jerk and just walking, especially if you have no cart or bags?  Does that make sense?  Sure if you have a cart, ok you may be out some or if you are crossing the aisle to the other side and go diagonal some but just a little common courtesy, step to the side.  You have more area to move about then I do if I'm in my car.  (image not taken by me but pretty accurate as to what occurs).

Weekly Update:

Went to the movies this weekend, what a treat.  You know, even before the closure of everything, I honestly haven't been going to the movies hardly ever!  I mean I would go to movie events but to actually have a seat and watch a movie was super-rare for me.  The last few movie events I went to, I was actually working taking care of certain talent and making sure they got in front of press and had everything they needed at the after-party.  So to actually watch a movie, kind of crazy nowadays.  Not just because of the re-opening but just in general for me!  The movie was "Army of the Dead" which opened to limited screens for the weekend as it will stream on Netflix next week.  The first Zack Snyder movie with Netflix and it was a blood bath!  The person I work for (on the side) rented out a couple of theatres to treat everyone to a movie so that was really nice.  It was both great to go out again and be back to my roots and home, the movie theatre.

At the movies:

Another new film takes number 1 this week as Spiral earns an opening of 8.7 million. Not a great number for this time of year but it isn't terrible.  Probably won't reach to much more in the long term though.  Dropping down to #2 is "Wrath of Man" for another 3.7 mil as it continues a run for 20 mil mark.  New at #3 is Those Who Wish Me Dead for 2.8 mil and kind of what was expected I think.  Hanging on to the #4 spot is "Demon Slayer The Movie" with another 1.9 mil as it just passed the 40 mil mark.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Raya and the Last Dragon" for another 1.7 mil while it continues it's long climb to 50 mil.

Quote of the week:
"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy." - Saadi

Facts & Tips:
Gentoo penguins propose to their life mates with a pebble.

"Drive!" - Charlize Theron as Imperator Furiosa in "Mad Max: Fury Road."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home