Monday, April 26, 2021

Brrrrr it's cold outside!

This week we saw the start of a 2nd Winter!  Although it did not rain, it sure got extremely cold.  It got so cold during the day, I had to get a long-sleeved shirt out and it's already April.  No rain or at least nothing major.  I think one night we got some light mist because the ground was wet but not drenched, just enough to cover the ground and cold enough to where it didn't dry up that fast.  Isn't April Showers a thing?  I know the month is just about over but there is still time left if you rain drops want to be dropping some... You know, bring your buddies and get everything wet and watered please, maybe just a little bit?  Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

Weekly Update:

I won a major prize!  Ok, maybe not that major like a fancy leg lamp from Italy (Fra-gile) but I still want a neat prize.  Last week I won a $25 gift card for Door Dash.  Now, I haven't been one for those food delivery places because even though they give you like free delivery offers to get you to sign up, the charges otherwise are pretty dang expensive.  I don't have a lot of places really far that it won't take me more than 5 to 10 minutes to drive and get back to eat.  But hey if you give me a gift card, I'll use it and I ended up using it for pick-up instead of delivery.  Many have told me by the time they ordered and had it delivered, a simple burger was like $20 to $25 total.  But by picking it up, I was able to get a 3-entree meal from Panda Express and the next day a large stuffed crust pizza with spending only about $3 over the card.  So hey if you want to get more value out of those food type delivery things, go pick it up!

At the movies:

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! Big opening this weekend for the video-game based film with 22.5 million.  Considering a non-holiday and number of screens/seats available that is a solid number.  2nd weekend will be a big tell for this film to see if it can hold up to the hype.  New at #2 is Demon Slayer The Movie with 19.5 mil to open and also a solid film for first time distributors FUNimation.  Drop down to #3 is "Godzilla vs. Kong" with 4.2 mil but just shy of 90 mil!  May get it by end of the week and could be on track to hit 100 mil cume.  Drop down to #4 is "Nobody" with 1.9 mil extra and steady as it goes.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Raya and the Last Dragon" with 1.6 mil as it closes in on 40 mil with just a tad bit more.

Quote of the week:
"We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us." - Virginia Satir

Facts & Tips:

In the Middle Ages, chicken soup was considered an aprodisiac.

"Perhaps she is lying.  Bitches are liars." (translated) - Adrian Martinez as Manuel in "Casa de mi Padre."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home