Monday, February 22, 2021

How much do you charge family?

Did someone turn off all the air sprinklers (aka rain)?  I mean we had one day of rain recently and since then it has been bone dry again AND started to get windy again which means potential fires.  Wouldn't that be something, in the middle of Winter and you get a fire.  I've started to notice lately patches of dead grass around town because of the lack of water and having it bitter cold is just as bad as having a dry heat.  Both are basically without moisture and things will dry up.  I have a feeling our Summer (and Spring for that matter) are both going to be extremely dry this year and potentially record-breaking heat.

Weekly Update:

The other day I was discussing Olive Garden with someone and they were saying how they could go for their breadsticks and someone else said they loved their (insert dish name here).  All I could think about was their slogan.  Their original slogan was "Good Times, Great Salad, Olive Garden" and then it later changed to "When you're here, you're family".  Now it appears they changed it again to "We're all family here."  I have no problem with the original slogan, short, easy to remember and straight to the point.  But the last two... here is my problem, when I have family over to dinner or if I go to their homes for a meal, I don't expect to charge them or be charged.  You are family and family will take care of you in their home (or even outside of their home).  Would it be super awkward that after I fed them, I slip them a piece of paper that said "This isn't Olive Garden, you owe = $100.00 with tax included" ??  Anyone know by chance because if Olive Garden thinks I am family, why are they charging me?

At the movies:

After several weeks at the box office, "The Croods: A New Age" takes the #1 spot again with 1.7 million.  This is traditionally a slower time for films as we would normally be half-way through award season so not much of a surprise.  Drop down to #2 is "The Little Things" with 1.2 mil and didn't suffer a big drop which is good.  Drop down to #3 is "Judas and the Black Messiah" with 905k and likely to burn out soon.  Up to the #4 spot is "Wonder Woman 1984" with 805k more and still trying to reach that 50 mil mark but not sure if it will make it.  Rounding off the top 5 this week is "The Marksman" with 775K.

Quote of the week:
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Bertrand Russell

Facts & Tips:

The number of times a cricket chirps in 15 seconds, plus 37, will give you the current air temperature.

"They rubbed our face in the dung and you just took it." - Chi Muoi Lo as Wago Chang in the TV series "Vanishing Son."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home