Monday, January 18, 2021

MLK

MLK Day Edition

Today we celebrate the legacy and remember a humble yet powerful man.  Not powerful in terms of money or power but of resilience and resolve.  Martin Luther King, Jr. was an American Baptist minister in the 1950's and 60's.  He fought, marched and peacefully protested for rights, not just black but basic human rights.  That all men are created equal and should be treated as thus.  In this current day-and-age, the resurgence of hate caused from the last 4-years US administration has lead us to a brink of a new civil war much like from the 1800's.  People vs white supremacy and there is no coating or hiding that fact.  The far-right vs everyone else with an ounce of common sense and decency. This is not part of that dream and not what America is.  These people who are up in arms, THEY need to go back to where they came from.  We need you Mr. King, now more than ever.

Weekly Update:

It's Summer in January!  Seriously this week has had the temps in the high 80's but not breaking 90.  I think one day it was 89 degrees technically!  The nights were cool to cold, I actually kept my windows open a few nights but this is not usual for us this time of year.  It is Winter but will it mean this Summer will be even hotter than previous years??  I want the chilly weather where I need to put on a jacket!  Wishing I had something warm to drink (sugar-free hot chocolate with marshmallows!) and a bread bowl of clam chowder.  I am not a warm or hot liquid person but occasionally it's nice to have and enjoy with the cold temps!

At the movies:

Keeping the crown for another week at #1 is "Wonder Woman 1984" with an extra 3 million and now just over 30 mil cume.  I'm not sure what the actual equivalent  of that is with pre-closure numbers but I imagine at least 150 mil.  Holding at #2 is "The Croods: A New Age" with 1.8 mil more and continuing it's course to 40 mil.  Holding at #3 is "News of the World" with 1.2 mil and steady.  Holding at #4, "Monster Hunter" with 1.1 mil and still on track as well.  Rounding off the top 5 and holding is "Fatale" with 670k and very slowly dropping.

Quote of the week:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Facts & Tips:

An earthquake in 1812 cause the Mississippi River to flow backward.

"Of my friend, I can only say this.  Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most human." - William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home