Monday, December 21, 2020

Windy = Fire

Earlier in the week it was a bit windy again.  One thing I have noticed this year, a lot more strong winds than in the past and not sure why.  Usually we have maybe 10-days of huge 20 MPH gusts but I think his year it's close to 30.  And with winds in California, it means potential of fire because it is extremely dry.  Sure enough, after it was windy, had 2 fires in the Riverside area which I could smell the smoke strongly (had to close all the windows) and see the smoke covered sky.  I believe these particular fires were power lines falling over but in the past it has been arson.  Usually arson happens on extremely hot days that are 100 degrees plus.  But anything they can do to start a fire and watch it grow I guess.  These people cause so much destruction not only to homes and families but nature and thousands of animals lost.

Weekly Update:

During this week I went to a work shopping event and they had a remote controlled toy I was interested in getting but, it wasn't applicable for our employee discount.  It was the new Spiderbot which (as of now) is exclusive to Disneyland because of the upcoming Avenger's Campus opening.  It was $80!!! Way too high for my pocket for something I know I won't play with too much at all but just cool to have.  I checked on E-Bay to see how much people are selling them for and I saw one sold for $120 with free shipping... so I got to thinking... whoever sold it paid $80 (plus tax so let's say $85 to round it off).  Then E-Bay fees which means $12 so let's add that to the base price and we are up to $97.  Shipping, so this will vary but based on the weight and dimensions of the box I saw, NO lower than $15, I would say even closer to 20 but stick to 15 for funsies.  That means we are now up to $112 - $120 = $8 profit.  Yeah, not worth it!

At the movies:

A new #1 this week as Monster Hunter takes the crown with a 2.2 million debut.  Fair to OK number but also A typical for this time of year.  Drop down to #2 is "The Croods: A New Age" with 2 mil more as it gains closer to that 30 mil mark and with the holidays, could get it next week.  Holding at #3 is "Half Brothers" with 260k more and not doing well overall.  Hanging on to #4 is "The War with Grandpa" with 170k and still trying to reach 20 mil, might clear it by end of year.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Freaky" with 165k and unlikely will hit 10 mil cume.

Quote of the week:
"Things are not quite so simple always as black and white." - Doris Lessing

Facts & Tips:

Ethopia follows a calendar that is seven years behind the rest of the world.

"You're good at building things, I'm good at blowing them up." - Dominic Keating as Lt. Malcolm Reed in the TV series "Star Trek: Enterprise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home