Monday, October 26, 2020

Is it finally Fall?

Coooooool!!  Finally the weather has gotten cooler and actually felt like Fall!  I even work a jacket one night when I went out for a bit.  I didn't need to turn on the house fan or AC once this past week!!  Please let this be the start of our Fall into Winter!  I hope, I hope, I hope!!  I even slept one or two nights with the windows closed again!  I did have the ceiling fan on but at least not windows open, fan on and maybe the AC a bit.  The nights have not been freezing, just chilly like low 60.  The days maybe low 70's to high 60's which is awesome.  So hoping I can get a better handle on that electric bill.  I wish I could go solar but it is just too expensive upfront that I don't think I would see a return for at least 3 to 5 years.  I mean if I had gotten solar 10 years ago, I'm sure the cost would have been so much then that I would now be seeing the return on the investment.  So, to me it's great but price point-wise just not quiet there yet.  As technology improves though, so does price.

Weekly Update:

ANTS!!  So for the last few, maybe even longer, I have been able to avoid having an ant problem in the house.  I've had them before and in mass, but got it under control but now they are back!  Usually only find them where there is a water  supply of some kind like the bathroom or the kitchen.  So I first found them in the kitchen counters so started to clean all that off and I also use ant bait traps.  I also replace those traps every 6 months but the ones I used last time I guess only lasted for a few months (replaced them in June-July).  So since then, no new ants that I have noticed.  Today I noticed a few ants in the living room near the stairs and that trail eventually lead me to the laundry room!  Great, so sprayed that all down and then later that same night, they are back but this time going to the guest bathroom shower.  Again, all water type sources ... so sprayed that area plus no one is using that downstairs bathroom anyway.  So, I hope, for now, these buggers are under control but time will tell.

At the movies:
Holding it's lead for a 2nd week is "Honest Thief" for another 2.4 million with a cume shy of 10 mil but it should get there soon as New York Theatres are just now getting started in some markets.  Also holding on to #2 is "The War with Grandpa" with 1.9 mil and also just shy of 10 mil cume.  Hanging on to #3 is "Tenet" with 1.3 mil and now over 50 mil which would easily equate to an 100 mil release plus some.  Coming in at #4 is "The Empty Man" with 1.3 mil and not a great opening right now.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Nightmare Before Christmas" with 557k which could do even better next week being Halloween.

Quote of the week:
"Out of difficulties grow miracles." - Jean de la Bruyere

Facts & Tips:
The Anglo-Zanzibar war of 1896 is the shortest war on record, lasting an exhausting 38 minutes.

"No, it's not about the money.  Well, for me, it's a little bit about the money ... and I made that much money last year.  I am the VP of the biggest executive-helicopter-leasing company on the Western Seaboard.  Okay? I haven't had a carb since 2004.  Check these out!" - Adam Scott as Derek Huff in "Step Brothers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home