Monday, October 19, 2020

Keep your distance!

So I am not sure what to make of this week weather wise.  We had almost every day kind of warm (low 90's but felt a little cooler maybe due to breezes) and the nights were in the low 70's with no breezes!  So during the day it was warm but not hot and at night it was also very warm but not hot!  I did have to run the AC a few times but mostly the house fan.  I really hope running the house fan doesn't take up as much electricity as it would running the AC!  I also run the ceiling fans a lot but the one area that doesn't have one that I spend probably 75% of time is the loft (my office).  There is no celling fan here and I sure could use one.  But one would hope I get a cross-breeze from the guest room and the master bedroom since it's between the two … not as often as I would like.  I guess because the windows for the guest room face inside the room instead of towards the door.  I can't wait for Winter to get here.

Weekly Update:

I was at Costco again this week and still amazed at some people.  Ok so there was 2 carts ahead of me in line and the first cart was at the register, getting their stuff on the belt and organizing their cart.  It was a couple with a young kid and they were pulling the kid out of the cart.  The guy in front of me (behind them) was clearly not using the markers on the floor and the young dad said something along the lines of look at the dots on the ground.  He was starting to crowd them with is cart and clearly wasn't adhering to the markers!  THEN, the aisle to my right there was this very pregnant lady (who I think may have been a Costco employee too) with a box of some chocolate macadamia nuts and waiting at the register.  She had them in her hand and was standing on a marker when this lady behind her, was no more than 2 foot away and standing next to her cart and just not paying attention or caring.  She was an older lady so the pregnat lady turned around (barely since the other lady was almost on top of her) and said to please back up to the markers.  So all she did was move behind her cart instead... It's better but not 6' feet apart.  Just some people .. incredible.

At the movies:

Yet another new #1 at the box office this week!  It kind of feels normal a little bit more with the changing of the titles as we slowly see new releases coming out again.  New at #1 is Honest Thief with 4.2 million to open, a film of this caliber probably would be a mid to low-teens anyway so it's a good number.  Drop down to #2 is "The War with Grandpa" with 2.5 mil and who knows where this film will end at right now as new locations continue to open each week.  Also dropping down to #3 is "Tenet" with 1.6 mil extra as it crosses the 50 mil cume mark.  Re-surfacing for the season is "The Nightmare Before Christmas" with 1.6 mil and that is all profit basically.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Hocus Pocus" with 756k and that is all profit as well.

Quote of the week:
"I can, therefor I am." - Simone Weil

Facts & Tips:
The world's largest mountain range is under the sea.

"If one person crosses the bridge... Gotham gets blown to hell." - Josh Stewart as Barsad in "The Dark Knight Rises."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home