Monday, August 10, 2020

Heat Wave!

HOT HOT HOT!

It continues to heat up and this coming week looks even worse then this previous week.  Summer sure came late but what is bad is the humidity which is not the norm for here.  It has been extra green though with this humidity but still, this is not normal for us one bit!  And SoCali Edison has been turning off my AC from around 4PM to about 8 or 9PM the last few days because of this program I am on.  I have also heard they have basically cut power in certain grids in the city so I guess I should be lucky I didn't lose power and I can at least keep a fan on to circulate the warm air.

Weekly Update:
So went to my favorite place again on Sunday, Costco!  It was so hot outside that when I got to the frozen foods section I just wanted to set up a cot and lay in there for the rest of the day.  The rest of the warehouse was cool but that was nice and chilly ... and I think others had the same idea as I just saw people strolling around and not even looking at anything but their phones.  Too bad there isn't like a bench in there because I bet people would just sit in there for 30 mins, or even an hour if they were in no rush to get back outside into that heat.  I can't imagine what it costs to keep that place cool though in general as electricity is so expensive in this state.

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

Loew's State Theatre in Houston, TX.  Originally built in the 1920's, this theatre went from a Nickelodeon to a big film movie house.  This is where one of the first "talkies" could be seen AND heard in the Houston area.  Also offered amenities like air conditioning (which of course is a big deal for that part of the country.)  The theatre did official close on October 15, 1972 and shortly after demolished.

Quote of the week:
"No legacy is so rich as honestly." - William Shakespeare

Facts & Tips:
The first person crossed Niagara Falls by tightrope in 1859.

"I swear if this turns into an zombie attack, I'm quitting!" - Colin Ferguson as Marshall Jack Carter in the TV series "Eureka."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home