Monday, July 20, 2020

Another week of warmer temps but the nights still remain chilly which is great.  I guess the warm weather during the day doesn't bother me as much as long as the night is cool or even cold (which it has been). But what makes it an ideal cool night?  Well, for me it's a night where I can keep my window open and bundle up in the covers to stay warm.  When in the morning, you feel the crisp air and you don't want to get out of bed and be a human burrito in your covers.  There doesn't have to be a breeze as long as it remains just simply cold and that would be around the high 50's to low 60's temp range for me.

Weekly Update:

This has been a crazy week ... crazy month or even crazy Spring and Summer.  It is very simple, stay home when you don't need to go any where.  And if you do go out, wear a mask.  I remember when seat belts weren't required and I don't recall it being that big of a deal.  I remember when cyclist had to wear a helmet, that was a bigger deal but, not it isn't.  I remember pre-9/11 and not have TSA, now we have to remove our shoes, belt and everything in our pockets, it has become the norm.  No shoes, no shirt (now no mask) no service ... it is their business, not mine.  How simple can it be??

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The Lake Theatre in Oak Park, Ill.  Another location owned by Classic Cinemas and was designed by famous theatre architect Thomas Lamb.  Built in 1936, it featured Hollywood films since it first opened it's doors.  Currently closed due to the pandemic, it should re-open once things have return to a normal or safer level.


Quote of the week:

"History is a vast early warning system." - Norman Cousins

Facts & Tips:

President Herbert Hoover invted "Hoveraball" (a cross between vollyeball and tennis using a medicine ball), which he played with his cabinet members.

"All we really need to survive is one person who truly loves us.  And you have her.  I will wait for you always. I love you." - Sonya Walger as "Penelope 'Penny' Widmore in the TV series "Lost."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home