Monday, June 08, 2020

Cold and rain?!  This was a really strange week of weather and I have no clue what is going on.  So for the most part, it remained very cool this week which was so nice.  Even on the sunny days that were slightly warm, very cool breezes came through and made it cold!  Then 2 or 3 days it got super cloudy that I thought it was going to rain.  I know it did at least one day but only enough to get the ground wet (which is how I knew it rained).  Then later that same night, I could feel a slight drizzle coming down when I was outside.  A few days when I was just resting and taking a break from working, I had to get under my bed covers because it was so cold outside (had the windows opened) and we are in June!  This weather is really strange but at the same time I am loving it and hope it stays this way longer!!

Weekly Update:

Mid-week I went to the store to see if they had some things I needed.  There was this elderly couple doing their shopping and I'm sure it wasn't intentional but every aisle they went down, they pretty much blocked it.  The would stand 2 to 3 feet apart going side-by-side with the cart in front of them and both being somewhat larger, they literally blocked the whole shopping aisle oblivious to everyone around them.  With social distancing these days, no one could get around them even with the subtle clearing of your throat, they just continued looking at the shelves ... at least they were wearing masks.

At the movies:

Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The historic El Capitan Theatre in downtown Hollywood, California.  One of Hollywood's premier locations and still operates as a movie venue for both first run and retro films along with special events (including movie premieres) and corporate presentations.  With it's updated marquee, it lights up the street up and down the block.


Quote of the week:

"Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed." - Mark Twain

Facts & Tips:

Rutherford B. Hayes was the first President to use a phone, and his phone number was extremely easy to remember - simply "1."

"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour." - Ed Harris as Gene Kranz in "Apollo 13."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home