Monday, May 04, 2020

HOT!  Has summer finally arrived?  So we hit temperatures close to 100 degrees this past week but I am sure it was only high 80's to low 90's.  But working in an upstairs part of the house, heat rises so it could have been very close to 100 in the house simply due to that fact!  Again had to run the AC here and there but as soon as the heat broke (around 7 to 8PM) I opened up all the windows and turned off that AC!  It got cooler and cooler which I could leave the windows open through the night and then come 10 to 11AM the following day, close them all back up.  Repeated that process for a few days and hopefully I managed to keep the AC at a minimum but hard to tell.  I just hope that electric bill isn't crazy but I feel over the past year or two I have done a pretty good job in general!

Weekly Update:
So a donut shop I drive by a lot was closed for while and it finally re-opened.  Everyone wearing masks and they have a drive-thru.  I am curious why they had to close in the first place if they have a drive-thru unless someone who worked there got sick.  I think they were closed for at least 2 to 3 weeks and just makes you wonder because they could have just closed the inside part and been drive-thru only as a lot of places have been doing.  It's a fairly big place for a donut shop and I see about 3 to 4 people working there all the time.  Just makes you wonder.

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

This week's image is the Rialto in 
Aitkin, MN.  This used to play films when the "talkies" first started and as far as we know this film still shows first run films for it's local movie-going community.



Quote of the week:
"When I pray, coincidence happens, and when I don't, they don't." - William Temple

Facts & Tips:
Gerald Ford was the ony President and Vice President never to be elected to either office.


"By this summer, I can buy anything I want.  I wonder if the Washington Redskins are for sale." - Jackee Harry as Sandra Clark in the TV series "227."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home