Monday, April 27, 2020

So this past week it did warm up for a few days but not bad from what it could have been.  Fortunately the nights were nice and cool, even cold at times that I had to really bundle up because I was simply way to lazy to get up and close the window.  It wasn't freezing or snow-man weather (I just thought the picture was cute so I used it). I hope this weather sort of stays this way, I don't mind if the days are hot if the nights promise to bring cooler temperatures with it!  Then that will suite me just fine because then I know I can sleep a little bit easier instead of trying to get cooled down to fall asleep and not run the AC.  Running the AC in California is $$$.  I don't know how other states do it when I hear how they run theirs for 24/7 and only play like $150 a month ... that is like one week for me!

Weekly Update:

I love Costco.  I love going and walking around, it's actually a nice 30+ minute work-out if you think about while you shop.  I'm sure most grocery stores are like that but when your have a cart with a bag of dog food, case of water and other things to weigh it down, you are doing more than walking at that point.  So I still go, about every other week and sometimes I go just to get one or two things.  I also go for my neighbors in case they need stuff as well.  Costco has been doing a pretty good job with their social distancing and wiping down the cart handles and such.  But the people who go ... that is a different story!  My big pet peeve right now when going is  people going down the middle of the aisle and block it with their cart.  They were doing this before all of the social distancing but I would think now, they would be maybe a little more considerate?  Wishful thinking I guess.

At the movies:

Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

This week's image is the Riviera in North Tonawanda, NY that once featured main stream movies but now features special concert type events and a screening here and there for specialty films and events.


Quote of the week:

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." - Joseph Addison

Facts & Tips:

In 1916, Jeannette Rankin of Montana became the first woman elected to Congress.

"Beezball been berry berry good to me!" - Garrett Morris as Minnie Minoso on the TV series "Saturday Night Live."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home