Monday, March 16, 2020

So Covid-19 has pretty much gone full bore in the US and caught this administration by surprise.  I mean all the warnings where there but no one took it seriously and our cases of the flu strand are in the thousands and growing fast.  I think Italy has it worst right now with fatalities.  Fortunately right now the US is low but it could potentially grow and we did nothing.  Pretty much a too late scenario and are trying to prevent further spread by basically shutting everything down coast-to-coast.  More to come I guess.

Weekly Update:
A very unusual week as everyone is scrambling to get home and get themselves set up at home for lock-down.  However, it's not a real lock-down but a self inflicted lock-down.  But in general it's more of a panic going on and people buying things they don't even need or at least not in the quantities they are suggesting!  I mean all the toilet paper doesn't make any sense to me.  Now if you were a hospital or some kind of housing that has maybe 30 people then sure, you would need more than one Costco case but I have been using the same case since November and I still have at least 27 more rolls to use before I am out.  Bottled water is a safe precaution so that seems good but TP ... does not make any sense to me whatsoever and people are just plain dumb.

At the movies:
Suffering a huge loss at #1 is "Onward" which is no doubt due to the current state of emergency in the nation.  But holding to the #1 spot is "Onward" with another 10.5 million as it will now fall short of a 100 mil cume.  New at #2 is I Still Believe with 9.5 mil and just as expected too.  New at #3 is Bloodshot with 9.3 mil for this obscure comic and slightly below expectations.  Holding at #4 is "The Invisible Man" with 6 mil more and also suffering from the current state of affairs and will not make the 100 mil mark.  New at #5 is The Hunt with only 5 mil to open and well below expectations.

Quote of the week:

"Try to keep your soul young and quivering right up to old age." - George Sand

Facts & Tips:

The city of Chicago was raised by over a foot during the 1850's and 60's without disrupting daily life.

"If any harm has befallen the child, I shall remove your head myself!" - Peter Mensah as Jaffa in "Hidalgo."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home