Monday, April 13, 2020

This week has been nothing but a tease for more rain!  It has been extremely cloudy and I think I heard one night of rain coming down but we were supposed to have more ... yet nothing.  I did wake up one morning with the ground wet so I know it did come down but then stopped.  The forecast had said more days of rain but then, nothing.  I thought our equipment was way more accurate these days, what happened?  Can't we make our own rain yet?

Weekly Update:
My friend's father passed away last week due to Covid-19 complications.  From what I was told, his parents were in a assisted living home and at some point, someone was visiting their family at the home.  From that visit, many of the residents contracted the virus including my friend's parents.  They later moved their parent's to an isolated home and during the 2nd week of the virus, his heart stopped.  It was reported he was so miserable from the virus and just wanted to die.  But during the 2nd week he was slowly getting better but his body I guess just couldn't hold up any longer.  The mother is recovering nicely, thank goodness, but the virus has claimed someone very close and personal to me.  Stay at home people, it is that simple.

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.


This week's image is the Music Box in Chicago, Ill that once featured main stream movies but now shows more art house fare.


Quote of the week:
The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax." - Albert Einstein

Facts & Tips:
Jimmy Carter filed a report for a UFO sighting in 1973, calling it "the dardnest thing I've ever seen."

"Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday." - Dean Cain as Clark Kent in the TV series "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home