Monday, May 18, 2020

Talk about a nice Spring-esque weather we are having!  I am so happy with it that the days are steady cool and I have the windows open for some great cross-breezes.  So far it has maintained itself in the low 70's (it could be higher but the breezes are making a big difference).  The nights are super chilly which I like, I just wish I prepared for it though and used the heavier blanket for night but I thought we were heading into Summer!  I don't know who's dog this is in the picture but it is how this week has been!  Sunny, cool and you just want to be lazy and roll around in the fresh grass.  I think this self-quarantine is actually pretty awesome ... nature is healing itself!

Weekly Update:
You know I do love going to Costco that I probably go too much!  But this last time was for my neighbor as they needed some medicines they use regularly.  But before going inside, I have to get my $1.50 hot dog and soda!  So, the lady right in front of me first off never moved forward in the line and just stood there on her phone that someone else behind me had to tell her to move up.  Then when she got to the window, the server asked for her membership card to scan.  She was shocked and didn't know you had to have your membership to order food (fortunately she had it in her purse but we all had to wait for her to get it out).  As I watched her do that, I noticed there was a sign on the window both to the left and right of this lady.  AND there was a third sign right above the window opening as well ... All three signs said the exact same thing in big print (as pictured) ... how could you miss that??  Always amazed how obviously some people can be to their surroundings.

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The Arcadia Theater in Kerville, TX.  This classic art deco theatre was built in 1926 as a Spanish Mission, later converted to a theatre.  The theatre is still there and will re-open this year hosting classic films, live music, comedy shows and private functions.

Quote of the week:
"If you do not think about your future, you cannot have one." - John Galsworthy

Facts & Tips:
James Monroe received every electoral vote but one in the 1820 election.

"Damn it, Paige! I would appreciate it if you didn't practice on me.  I may be dead, but it still hurts!" - Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt in the TV series "Charmed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home