Monday, May 11, 2020

Hot and cold!  This week saw less hot and more cold which is such a relief.  I know Summer is nearly here but not ready for it and kind of hoping with all the quarantine going around and less cars on the road, we have been giving nature a chance to fix a lot of things like pollution.  I know once things are back to normal it will be back and bad again but at least we can enjoy the clear and clean air for a little bit.  The picture on the left isn't mine but that is what it's been looking like where I can actually see more than a mile!

Weekly Update:

The other day I was trying to enjoy a kind of snack mix, not chex but some other brand, probably generic and the pretzel's in a snack mix ... they are always my  least favorite!  I like the big doughy kind you get warm at a theme park or event but why are these little buggers so dry?  Flavor profile is either very boring or a tad too salty most of the time but I hate wasting them and try to eat them all first so at the end, I have the rest of the delicious components to enjoy.  But I don't understand what is with these tiny bite size things that kind of absorb all the moisture away in my mouth and makes it bone dry ... or maybe that is the gimmick when they give these away (for free) at bars so you want to buy a drink!  A HA!  That might be it!!  I don't know but I don't care for them unless I am super hungry.

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The Grand Theatre in Grand Island, Nebraska.  Unsure if it is currently showing movies any longer but it has been available for private and special events with it's classic slopped theatre seating design from the early 40's and 50's era.  It once played first run movies (single screen) and may still do so depending on the film and surrounding locations.  But unlikely it has regular showings of mainstream films.


Quote of the week:

"I want to do with you what spring does to cherry trees." - Pablo Neruda

Facts & Tips:

Victoria Woodhull, in 1872 was the first woman to run for the U.S. presidency.

"Well well look.  I already told you, I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to.  I have people skills, I am good at dealing with people.  Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?" Richard Riehle as Tom Smykowski in "Office Space."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home