Monday, June 01, 2020

A mix of weather, interesting.  This past week was really confusing and interesting weather-wise!  So had some days of Summer like weather, hot and in the high 80's.  Then a day of Spring like weather, some breezes in the low 70's (it was really nice).  Another day of leaves falling and like a change much like Fall.  Then finally at least a day of cloudy weather that it got so dark during mid-day, had to turn on the lights for a bit.  And it was at least in the high 60's, much like Winter.  I swear it felt like I went through a year of seasons!

Weekly Update:
I need gloves!  So with the current pandemic, people are using masks and gloves all the time or at least way more than they used to.  I know gloves can help but not by much so there is a very short supply of them.  But why do I need them?  I discovered I reduce my waste with these gloves.  OK so I use these poly disposable glove (500 count) for one thing ... dog poops!  I discovered several years ago that when I use a plastic bag, I end up using 1 bag per dog at least 2x a day (usually morning and night after meals).  So that is 4 dog bags a day ... now with these gloves, I only need one glove per morning and 1 per night.  And then I put the put in a plastic bag which I dispose of once a week.  So instead of 2 (dogs bags) x2 (a day) x7 (days a week)= 28 bags (if not more) a week.  With the gloves, it's now 1 x 2 x 7 + 1 = 15 gloves a week. Also the gloves are smaller (or less materials) than the dog poop bags.  I need more gloves soon!

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.  First opened in 1903, it used to alternate between live stage shows and movies.  They continue to operate showing movies for special events and occasions along with art or limited release features.


Quote of the week:
"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy

Facts & Tips:
To cut groundskeeping costs during WWI, President Woodrow Wilson brought a flock of sheep to trim the White House grounds.

"We stopped off for ice cream." - Zen Gesner as David Patrick in "The Ringer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home