Monday, July 06, 2020

4th of July Edition

So Saturday was the 4th of July or as I call it around here, Saturday.  The fireworks were much louder, longer and I thought my dog was going to have a heart attack.  Each night it's already a challenge trying to keep him calm and I know these fireworks will continue till whenever till real and more arrests are made.  I did not get any sleep that night and the fireworks continued well into at least 2 or 3 AM but by that time, he was already riled up and anxious till about 8AM.  This has been going on way too long (since Memorial Day) and why  are we even celebrating the 4th during this time of turmoil? We are no longer independent but under a quasi-wanna-be-dictator and I warned people this 4 years ago, this will not end peacefully.


Weekly Update:

Did I mention I got to a donut place or have been going to one for like the last couple of months once a week?  I always get a cruller because I like the airy-ness of them.  I am not a fan of the frostings because the are super sweet (to me) but if they have a plain one, I get that.  BUT, the cruller is pretty popular apparently and my options when I go are very limited.  I usually go before lunch time and this place is open 24-hours. My go to back-up is the old fashioned and they always have plenty of those.  I mean they are good as well, way denser but also bigger ... in terms of value the old fashion is a better value but an entirely different donut.   But hey, if I get lucky and get the cruller, awesome.  If not, I have my back-up!

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre in Jefferson, WI.  Not all classic theatres are indoors, there still remains the classic drive-ins and during this current time, they are thriving!  This single-screen drive-in features a 90' foot screen and often holds double-features.  With regular theatres now closed currently, this location along with the remaining drive-ins are showing retrospective films (previously released) and selling out!  Way to go drive-ins!  Your time to shine.


Quote of the week:

"Courage is knowing what not to fear." - Plato

Facts & Tips:
Calvin Coolidge was so shy, he was nicknamed "Silent Cal."

"I married you because I made a deal with the devil.  I wish to God I hadn't!" - Pamela Sue Martin as Fallon Carrington Colby in the TV series "Dynasty."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home