Monday, June 15, 2020

This past week overall was hot!  It was scorching hot but with the windows open, there was no cool breeze going and so, had to turn on the AC for a couple of days.  It stayed hot too up till when it got dark.  It is June which is the starting point of Summer for us.  I guess two days out of the week isn't too bad but will there be much more soon?  Heat rises so having my home office on the 2nd floor doesn't really help.  When I go downstairs for something, you can definitely feel it much cooler or at least 5+ degrees cooler.  Maybe down the road I should consider moving my office downstairs ... but at the same time the area it would be, I want to put the dining room table back in.  I don't know ...

Weekly Update:

I went out and ate at one of my favorite pizza places this past week.  I will have to say with the concrete floors and the factory style ceilings it feels already sterile in that place except for one thing ... no matter what you will always walk out of there smelling of pizza.  My guess is because of the oven in the middle of the set-up station and really does fill the place up with the smells of cooking pizza but at the same time, collects on your cloths so when you leave, it comes home with you.  I mean I will still go again but just saying ... I need to remember not to wear 100% clean/new clothes!

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The Senator movie theatre in Baltimore, MD.  The last single-screen theatre in the city, originally built in 1939.  Unsure if it is still being used to show any films but does hold special events and presentations for occasions/rentals.  One of the big drawn curtain screens during the golden era of Hollywood films with a moderate stage just in front of the screen before the rows of seats start.


Quote of the week:

"Childhood is a short season." - Helen Hayes

Facts & Tips:
George Washington started losing his permenent teeth in his 20's and had only one natural tooth by the time he was President.

"You know who I am, boy?" - Brian Tee as Drift King (DK) in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home