Monday, July 27, 2020

So I got my electric bill for last month and was quiet shocked by it.  I had run the AC way more than I intended but my office is on the 2nd story of the house, so heat rises.  But, after all that time running it, it was pretty low!  At least lower then I expected it to be.  I don't recall having any kind of rebate or being on a program (any longer at least).  I was on a program where it regulated my AC during certain times of the day and would switch to the fan mode but that didn't happen and the unit is still on my AC.  So, not sure.

Weekly Update:
What a very sad week for Hollywood and the entertainment community this past week  We saw three greats pass ... first was Regis Philbin, iconic TV personality that took both morning and prime time audiences with his charm and light humor.  Then shortly after, we lost John Saxon (pictured) ... not an immediate name one might remember but he played in many TV and movies alongside such greats as Bruce Lee and Debbie Reynolds.  And finally, Hollywood royalty, Olivia de Havilland.  Best known for "Gone with the Wind," her film pedigree included other classics like "Charge of the Light Brigade" and "The Adventures of Robin Hood."  She lived to an amazing age of 104.

At the movies:
Due to theatres being closed for the time being, no new updates for movies at this time.

The Dedham Community Theatre in Dedham, MA.  Originally opened in 1927 in the heart of Dedham Square.  It is unclear if this originally opened as an movie theatre but up till the recent closures, it was a movie house showing films 365-days a year with fresh hot buttered popcorn.  It has been used for special and community events.

Quote of the week:
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock." - Will Rogers

Facts & Tips:
You don't have to be a lawyer to be a Supreme Court Justice.

"As appealing as that sounds, I'm a doctor, not a dragonslayer." - Robert Picardo as The Doctor in the TV series "Star Trek: Voyager."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home