Monday, October 12, 2020

Hot or cold, is it the weather or the country?

This week turned out to be MUCH nicer!!!  Highs on average were maybe in the 80's with the night temps just over 60.  Finally some coolness and it's starting to actually feel like Fall!  Now, will it stay like this and continue to get cooler?  Will I be able to break out the jackets, at least a windbreaker maybe?  I don't know, our weather is much like our current climate of the country, uncertain and unproven.  It's almost like its matching each other oddly enough.  If that means anything, it will get more crazy soon and that is not something to look forward to at all!  But no matter what the temperature may be, I will continue to wear shorts!  My legs rarely get cold and I've worn shorts in a blizzard one.  I don't know how cold it was at the time but my legs were just fine!  I could feel my toes get cold but I guess that is the case with any extremities for the most part.

Weekly Update:

The other day I visited the Company D store (Disneyland cast member only store) to check it out since it has been closed since the start of the pandemic.  Going into the store, it was very secure in that they did the whole temperature check, asking questions, etc. so I felt pretty safe going in.  The store was just a little bit more spacious then it normally is but not by much.  But there was only about 20 to 30 shoppers in there which isn't a lot at all.  One thing I immediately noticed, working cast members huddled together just chatting.  Another thing that made me think, "Disneyland is not ready to open!" was when I was walking down an aisle and I saw this lady coming towards me.  So I stopped, stepped to the side as much as I could and said, "Please" while gesturing her to walk by first.  She saw me and continued but instead, stopped right in front of me to see stuff on the walls.  Um, ok, so I turned around and there was another lady on her phone blocking me … excuse me, how do you not see me and where is the social distancing?  I can not move because I was against a shelf while the lady who I let by first was blocking that direction and I couldn't go behind me because of the other lady … and these are ALL CAST MEMBERS!  I was stuck.

At the movies:
A new number one takes the box office!  Earning only 3.6 million is The War with Grandpa as it climbs to a 2200 screen count.  Almost a normal number but still without some major big market screens and available capacity.  Dropping down to #2 is "Tenet" with another 2.1 mil and now so close to 50 mil cume.  Holding at #3 is "Hocus Pocus" with 1.1 mil for this Halloween season. Drop down to #4 is "The New Mutants" with 685K and almost at 22 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Unhinged" with 660k and still not a bad number considering the current situation.

Quote of the week:
"The smallest deed is better than the greatest intention." - John Burroughs

Facts & Tips:

A ten gallon hat holds less than one gallon of liquid.

"Whoa!" - Joey Lawrence as Joey Russo on the TV series "Blossom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home