Monday, August 17, 2020

Return to the big screen ...

And if it couldn't get any hotter ... it is a major heat wave with temps in the 100's!  I did use the pool a couple of times, I had to plus the water was so warm (well, warmer then it has been).  What is interesting is after about 30 mins I get cold if any kind of breeze starts up.  It can be a warm breeze but because I'm covered in water it's cold!  And then I remain cool (and even cold) for several hours.  I wish I can get my dogs into that water because they are constantly panting and I feel bad but I can't turn on the air, Edison has turned it off temporarily!!  Plus I know if I did managed to get them in to the pool, I would have to bath them after because of all that chlorine smell and I didn't want that every where, especially on the bed when we go to sleep.  I am happy to bath Orion because his fur is short and thin but Shadow has that big thick mane type.

Weekly Update:
So been using this new Blogger format interface for a couple of weeks now and overall it is fine.  The photo insertion and then placement is not the easiest and requires at least an extra step.  It also doesn't take the first time a lot, at least not correctly and I have to remove and re-apply the image.  So not sure if these are known bugs are simply I am doing it wrong but it seems easy ... select, upload, insert pic.  Oh well, it's not like I can go back to the previous format since they have since removed it.

At the movies:
Theatres have reopened but to a very limited capacity so the box office will be very light ... but nonetheless they have returned!

All the movies that opened were retrospective films so we will just go with the top three for now:  In first place is the return of "Star Wars: Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back" with 239k.  In #2 is "The Tax Collector" with 208K and in third place is "The Goonies" with 155K.  Hopefully as more locations slowly open and studio first run releases start to come back, we will see some familiar numbers (albeit low due to limited theatre seating and used screens).

Quote of the week:
"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth." - Benjamin Disraeli

Facts & Tips:
The ony one-syllabled U.S. state is Maine.

"Naw, he speaks some English, but he can't all speak it good like we do." - Jason Mewes as Jay in "Clerks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home