Monday, August 24, 2020

This new format is CRAP!

Hot hot and HOT!  Our week has been the hottest yet this year so far and it wasn't pleasant.  It stayed in the high 90's to low 100's and what made it worse, the nights were warm too.  Usually it won't get warm till after 1PM but as soon as I woke up, it was warm and then got too warm by 9AM, I had to turn on the AC.  Edison did shut off my AC for about 4 days from about 3PM to as late as 10PM.  It was humid till at least that time and we are not a humid state.  Several areas had power shut off completely so I am not sure what is worse ... having power but no AC and working on a 2nd floor so the heat is coming to me or, losing power, stop working and veg-out downstairs where it is maybe 5 degrees cooler.

Weekly Update:

So I know I've said this new Blogger format is fine and the biggest challenge is inserting pictures ... it is getting worse!  Not only do I have an extra click or two, I keep having to re-apply them no less than 2 times.  On many occasions 5 times.  And if I put in a picture towards the bottom and then a new one above it, it throws the others out of whack that I have to remove and RE-DO them again!  Also what really sucks about it is before if I had uploaded a picture before, it sort of kept it in this little holding queue which was great if I needed to use the picture again or redo it (like on this new format).  But this time it doesn't hold them anymore and every time I need to re-apply a previous picture, I basically have to start from scratch.  Aside from that I do not see any noticeable changes or enhancements that are worth mentioning. And just now, because of the photos I lost an entire section I had written ... ok, this new format went from "fine" to crap.  And just now I had to scrap it all and start over ... OK this new one is now total crap.

At the movies:
As we slowly continue to roll out movies again, the numbers are coming in but remain light for now.  New at #1 is "Unhinged" with 5 million to open.  In at #2 is "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run" with 550k.  Showing up at #3 is "Words on the Bathroom Walls" earning 462K this past weekend.  Next up at #4 is "The Goonies" filling in for awhile with 260K, not bad for a film that is 35-years old!  And in at #5 is "Cut Throat City" with 240K.

Quote of the week:
"Good questions outrank easy answers." - Paul Samuelson

Facts & Tips:
Atlantic salmon are capable of leaping 15 feet high.

"Fishism." - Greg Germann as Richard Fish in the TV series "Ally McBeal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home