Monday, November 30, 2020

Gobble gobble nope

Post-Thanksgiving Edition

This past Thursday was Thanksgiving and in my usual tradition I worked but in my not-so-usual tradition that I've done the past few years, no Honey-baked ham.  I decided to opt out this year to save on some money and with the events of 2020, just didn't want to bother with it.  As we recently saw a surge of new cases across the US, I am sure in about a week we will see even more!  I am sure not everyone listened to the suggestions and mandates that said do not gather more than a certain number of people.  I am sure one person will be a spreader to a whole family.  You can be Covid-positive and not get it but can easily give it to others with much weaker immune systems such as very young kids and the elderly.  So way to go people, I'm sure it's all about seeing everyone and spending time with them but why risk it being the last time you see them?

Weekly Update:

You know more and more, as 2020 goes by, each week seems like a blur.  I am not sure if I am just forgetting things or lack of sleep or just so boring ... or maybe it's a combination of all 3 things?  I can't remember what happened yesterday let along this past week.  I think I am going crazy or just getting old ... or crazy old probably.  All I do remember is that it was a holiday week/weekend and pretty much didn't do anything but work and watch some TV here and there.

At the movies:
A new week, a new #1 movie!  Taking the #1 spot with a 5-day total due to the holiday is The Croods: A New Age with 14.1 million to open.  A solid number for these times and I'm sure nice to get out and see a movie again.  Drop down to #2 is "Freaky" with 770k more and should steadily decline.  Holding ground at #3 is "The War with Grandpa" with 643k extra and still doing well.  Holding at #4 is "Let Him Go" with 453k more and should start to fade out.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Come Play" with 387k and likely to also fade away very soon.

Quote of the week:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Facts & Tips:
For 67 years, Nintendo only produced playing cards.

"The man that kill Sedullus is great warrior ... and Lugo follow." - Barry Duffield as Lugo in the series "Spartacus."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home