Monday, February 01, 2021

SNOW DAY!!

So did something different this week... I went up to Lake Arrowhead and spent a night in the snow!  I borrowed a friend's cabin and took the dogs with me who have never experienced snow before.  I think they were very confused in general and didn't know what to think or do!  But overall, I think if I stayed longer they would have adapted.  However, while up there neither went poop once (and they are regular poopers) so glad I didn't stay longer as it might have stuffed them up.  I would be curious though how they would do if I stayed longer.  One dog did get sick but I think it was more due to the drive up the mountain as it was a little curvy and he has been prone to getting car sick on long rides.  Also, had to use snow chains which may have added to the not so smooth ride as well.  NOTE: the photo is of both my dogs, Shadow and Orion (mom and son).  Shadow is in the back which means Orion is in the front!

Weekly Update:
RAIN!  So on top of the snow fun time, we got some heavy rain this past week too locally!!  It was only about a day of rain but almost a FULL day!!  And it was some serious heavy rain which (and I know I always say this) we desperately need!  Of course the next day it was sunny and dry but some more is due later this week.  I mean, these one-off days is not enough!!  We need weeks of rain please, WEEKS!!!  But, any drops we can get, I'll take!  I also need to wash my car so I hope the next rain is heavy and I leave my car outside.

At the movies:

Another new #1 this week!  With a decent 4.8 million, The Little Things takes top honors and potentially could do some solid numbers overall.  Holding ground at #2 is "The Croods: A New Age" with another 1.8 mil and making it's way to 50 mil.  Holding at #3 is "Wonder Woman 1984" with 1.3 mil and about to break the 40 mil threshold soon!  Drop down to #4 is "The Marksman" with 1.3 mil and unsure how this will do overall.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Monster Hunter" with 740k and may not go too much further.

Quote of the week:

"Neither blame or praise yourself." - Plutarch

Facts & Tips:

"Unprosperousness" is the longest word in which no letter occurs only once.

"Okay, computers and a really bad cut.  You have anything more to link the two?" - Roger Cross as Detective Donovan McAvoy in the TV series "Coroner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home