Monday, February 15, 2021

A very dry Winter.

Is this a normal week?  I can't even tell anymore!  We did get rain!!!  On one day for about 2 hours but it was downpouring!  It was nice and I could see fresh snow capped mountains again but then the rest of the week was very dry!  It was nice and cold, like when Winter first starts and there is a crisp in the air.  But where is the rain?!  This Winter, I know I've said it before, has been so very dry... but our temperatures have been super cold.  It's great to finally wear my jackets but my car needs a wash Mother Nature!  And looking at the weather forecast, nothing is coming our way any time soon.

Weekly Update:

I've been selling a bunch of stuff on E-Bay over the past few years to try and massively declutter.  Sometimes thing sit for sale for years, other times a week.  But eventually, they seem to sell and I do have the space to hold them so it's not like I need to get rid of them fast.  I do want to get rid of things and as they say, my junk is someone else's treasure.  So the advantage of that is I usually get the asking price I put them up for.  Last week I sold some old action figures I got for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, from the originally TV show.  I wasn't a fan of it because that is when they gave everyone different colored masks to tell them apart.  The comic, they all wore red and you knew them by the weapons they commonly used.  One I send something out via E-Bay, I like to draw a little something on the package and generally it relates to the item being sold.  I rarely get a comment about it, not a big deal but it's nice when they do acknowledge it.  This last package they said their son loved the art and that felt kind of nice.  I'm glad he liked it and hopefully it made his package that little bit more special.

At the movies:

Holding ground at #1 is "The Little Things" with another 2.4 million and now just hit 10 mil mark.  It could get closer to 20 at this rate but it will be a long journey.  Still at #2 is "The Croods: A New Age" with 2 mil and so close to 50 mil.  This film is clearly a reflection of a 300 mil or close to that film based on it's trends.  New at #2 is Judas and the Black Messiah with 2 mil to open.  Not too much on this film, almost feels a bit of a throw-away to clear the slate for WB a little.  Holding at #4 is "The Marksman" with 1.1 mil and also now hitting that 10 mil benchmark.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Wonder Woman 1984" with 1.1 mil extra and just past 40 mil cume.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
One new movie opened wide this past weekend.  In at #6, Land earns 940k and not far off from what was expected for this film.

Quote of the week:
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." - A.A. Milne

Facts & Tips:

The biggest pig in recorded history weighed almost one ton.

"I'm not sure she is a newborn.  She's so... tame." - Kellen Lutz as Emmett Cullen in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home