Monday, March 15, 2021

Hot or Cold, make up your mind

This entire past week has been a roller-coaster of temperatures. So there was about 2 days (not in a row) of rain and sporadic.  I did leave my car outside to get a minor wash!  Then some days it got warm, maybe close to 80's while others days (not nights mind you) it was 52 degrees!  I didn't know to turn on my AC or heater at times but, I tried to remain as cool as I can with windows open but I did turn on the heat for those super cold days.  At least (for now) gas is cheaper than electricity.  I do try to wear my sweat pants (instead of shorts) along with socks when it's been colder.  But my fingers were so cold a couple of days, I couldn't feel them.  Of course when it got warm, windows open and shorts!  This weather is so confusing and inconsistent to what is the norm for us in SoCali!

Weekly Update:

Yesterday was Pi-Day (March 14th or 3.14).  At work we used to celebrate with pies from Marie Calendar's but of course everything has been closed for almost a year now.  I remember in the past my usual pizza place use to do a Pi Pizza offer so figured they would do it again this year.  Well they did but, it kind of sucked.  So in the past, they once had a over that all pizza's were $3.14 which of course was amazing and the line was probably 3oo to 500 people long and I got 2 pizzas for under $7!  Then another time they did buy one, get one at $3.14 which is another good offer because the pizzas were around $7 so I basically got 2 for $10!  This year, kind of sucked because it was spend $10+ and get 3.14 off.  So why is that bad?  Each pie is now $9.95... so based on the offer it said base price (excluding tax) so I would have to buy 2 pizzas for $20 and get $3.14 so I passed this year and got a free McDonald's apple PIe.

At the movies:

A new #1 takes the crown as Raya and the Last Dragon makes a theatrical debut of 15.8 million after it's initial Disney+ release.  Big numbers post-streaming which is an interesting twist.  Drop down to #2 is "Tom and Jerry" with 4.1 mil and closing in on the 30 mil cume mark. Dropping down to #3 is "Chaos Walking" with 2.3 mil and could be walking out fast as more theatre's set to open coast-to-coast and product starting to flow out.  Also dropping down to #4 is "Boogie" with 730k and may not have much play in it left.  Rounding off the top 5, after originally being released in November is "The Croods: A New Age" with 520K and continues to impress.

Quote of the week:
"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." - James Baldwin

Fact & Tips:

Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.

"Thank you, Your Honor. I was so hoping for a lesson." - Camryn Manheim as Ellenor Frutt in the TV series "The Practice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home