Monday, March 22, 2021

Disney Foods

This past Monday I had the opportunity to attend a cast preview of "Touch of Disney" which by the way is a terrible name of an event.  It was extremely cold that day with some wind that made it even colder.  I have to say I've never walked the distance from the parking structure to the downtown area where you get dropped off by the tram, it is a lot longer than you realize (and had to do it twice).  I wasn't prepared for that but oh well, plus the walking around in the parking structure as you go through the temperature and security check was a little extra too.  But the event itself was fine, not tremendously great but I guess the point is to get out and be in Disneyland (or in this case California Adventure).  A lot of places were still closed and all the rides but it was basically a food and wine type of event.  I was given a $25 food card which was great and got some good eats.  Had to get a churro which are classic for Disneyland and I was craving a corn dog which Award Wieners were serving up.  I also noticed one of the places were serving a much smaller version of the Monte Cristo sandwich you would get a New Orleans square restaurants and that was tasty.  By the end of all this food I was not only full but had about 50 cents left over.

Weekly Update:

On Thursday I met up with a friend who happened to visiting just for the day to check out the Touch of Disney event going on at Disneyland.  We met up at Black Top Burger in Downtown Disney and I was looking for a good burger to nosh on!  I am not sure if I would recommend this place.  I have been there before, once, and it was OK but a bit pricey for just a burger.  Now I understand with the current conditions, the service will be different but I felt like I got a little boxed meal with a burger and fries.  The taste of the burger was good but not great for what you pay for.  It was very heavy on the grease, fair for size and poor on value.  The fries were fine but again, not amazing and not a whole lot (again for what you pay for).  I also asked for any employee discounts (Disney) and talk about restricted, on Mon-Thurs till 4PM (I think that is what they said).  For any cast member who works at the park, that window to get food is kind of crappy and I know a discount is a lower price but you are still making money, especially in these current times.  I would definitely think twice about going back, of course if it's the only option too, I may still pause.

At the movies:

Another big weekend for "Raya and the Last Dragon" as it holds the #1 spot with an extra 5.2 million and now just over 20 mil cume.   It could hit 30 mil by the end of next weekend or come very close.  Small drop but still holding at #2 is "Tom and Jerry" with another 3.8 mil and just passing the 30 mil threshold.  New at #3 is The Courier with 2 mil to open and a fair but expected number.  Drop down to #4 is "Chaos Walking" with 1.9 mil more and trying to reach 10 mil, likely will get it in a few days.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Croods: A New Age" with another 620K which is a jump from last week!

Quote of the week:
"You exist only in what you do." - Federico Fellini

Facts & Tips:

Strawberries are actually members of the rose family.

"You know, for a crazy homeless person... he's pretty cut." - Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis in "Thor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home