Monday, June 07, 2021

coins coins coins

It's interesting how there is a change shortage or metals into making the coins I guess.  Honestly I'm glad there is a shortage because having physical cash can be such a hassle a lot of times.  Not only do you not know where it's been or who handled it but it can be easily lost, it gains no interest in your pocket or stuffed in your mattress, and if stolen, you are out of luck.  I prefer everything plastic or a credit card as long as you can control yourself (I know, some will say people can't but is it the same with cash in your pocket?  I have cash, I can buy it).  But at least if I lose my card or gets stolen, the financial institution will replace, cease the old card and 9 out of 10 times (almost 100% actually) not hold me accountable for any purchases that I claim I didn't make.  Plus keeping my money in the bank, it gains interest.  Although it may be very small but at least it's something.  And also when I spend on the card, I get cash back for spending (since I pay the card off each time and don't incur interest for payment).  So it really is a win-win in my opinion.

Weekly Update:

I've been seeing images and hearing about mochi donuts but... why do they look like a thick beaded wrist-band?  I may go try one next week to see what the big deal is but first it was the cro-nut and now mochi?  I love mochi in general, it's just rice flour usually made into a dough so a doughnut does make sense, no?  As long as they are the same price of a regular donut, cool because they do seem to be a touch smaller.  I may do this on Monday on my day off, question is do most donut places sell them or like those fancy unique ones... I guess I will find out soon!  I just hope they taste good or even have a similar texture of mochi since these will be deep fried or baked (I would imagine).  You know what is interesting is that in the US mochi is looked at like a desert when in Japan (from where it originates from) it accents food like soup or salad.  Usually of little flavor but a texture thing like a crouton (unseasoned I guess).  Oh America, we get it wrong so many times.

At the movies:

A new #1 this week as The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It earns a decent 24 million post-holiday weekend.  Pretty much expected and on par for this franchise.  BIG drop down to #2 is "A Quiet Place: Part II" with 19.5 mil but now just shy of 90 mil total and on a solid path for 100+ mil domestic.  Also dropping down to #3, but not by much is "Cruella" with 11.2 mil as it makes it's way to the 50 mil mark and should get there by the end of this weekend.  New at #4 is Spirit: Untamed with 6.2 mil and below expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 and still hanging in there is "Raya and the Last Dragon" with 1.3 mil more as it slowly winds down.

Quote of the week:
"Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers." - Robert Green Ingersoll

Facts & Tips:

A Galapagos tortoise can take up to three weeks to digest a meal.

"Kimmy says if you love someone  you say it, you say it right then, out loud.  Otherwise, the moment just... (Passes you by.) Passes you by. Yeah." - Dermot Mulroney as Michael O'Neill in "My Best Friend's Wedding."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home